The diet for hemorrhoids as a whole is based on the principles of good nutrition, but since this delicate disease can aggravate as a result of eating certain foods, you need to know about them and try to avoid them.
The basic principles of nutrition
Nutrition for hemorrhoids should be planned so that it:
- Contributed to the elimination and prevention of constipation.
- Neither mechanically nor chemically irritated the intestinal wall.
- It did not provoke the expansion of veins.
Therefore, patients will not only have to make adjustments to the composition of their menu, but also develop the right eating habits, in particular:
- It is recommended to eat at the same time 5-6 times a day, but in small portions. This allows the gastrointestinal tract to develop a clear rhythm of work, due to which all the enzymes necessary for proper digestion will be produced in the right quantities and by the required hour. This rule is especially important if you have problems with bowel movements. Therefore, a diet for hemorrhoids with constipation necessarily requires strict adherence to food intake.
- There should be in a comfortable environment, without rush and unnecessary conversations. In addition, it is not recommended to read, watch TV, work at a computer, etc. during the meal, as all these factors often cause incomplete chewing of food, ingestion of large, indigestible pieces and, consequently, the development of constipation.
- When cooking, preference should be given to boiling, stewing or steaming food, as fried foods negatively affect digestion and, in particular, the state of the rectum.
- Patients should refuse to use too cold or, conversely, hot food, since such dishes have an irritating effect on the digestive tract.
- Food with hemorrhoids should be served in liquid form as often as possible. It can be mashed soups, cereals, dairy products, etc. If you intend to use solid food, then it should be chewed as long as possible.
- The amount of food consumed should be sufficient for the formation of feces, but this must be achieved not by increasing the amount of food eaten, but by enriching the diet with all kinds of vegetables and fruits rich in bulk fiber.
- The amount of water drunk per day should be at least 1.5–2 l, since a deficiency of fluid in the body leads to the formation of dense feces and the difficulty of its movement through the intestines. It should be drunk during the day in small sips, not even thirsty. At the same time, it is worth drinking either half an hour before a meal, or an hour after, but not during a meal, since this leads to the cultivation of gastric juice, as a result of which he becomes unable to cope with the tasks.
Important: in the presence of problems with the production of digestive enzymes and difficulties in digesting plant foods, special additives containing fiber, for example, bran, can be used with the permission of a doctor.
Proper nutrition for hemorrhoids involves the rejection of irritating intestines, contributing to a rush of blood to the pelvic organs and having a fixing effect of products. That is, first of all, patients should be excluded from their diet:
- canned food
- carbonated drinks,
- rich broths and dishes based on them,
Thus, the diet for hemorrhoids and fissures, which often accompany inflammation of the corpora cavernosa rectum, meets all the principles of good nutrition. But in addition to the exclusion from the menu of well-known hazards, patients are also advised to refuse such products useful for healthy people as:
- pasta and fresh wheat bread,
- rice, semolina,
- potato, radish, turnip, white cabbage, sorrel, radish,
- bakery products,
- strong tea, coffee and chocolate,
Important: no matter how strange it may seem, sauerkraut with hemorrhoids is allowed for use, or rather, its brine. Start taking it with 1 tbsp. l 15 minutes before each of the main meals, gradually bringing the amount of drink to 1 cup. Warm brine has anti-inflammatory and firming effects, so it is also used for lotions.
The list of what you can eat with hemorrhoids includes:
- barley, buckwheat, oatmeal, barley groats,
- whole grain bread, bran or wholemeal,
- biscuit cookies
- almost any vegetables except those listed above,
- sea kale,
- any fruit
- lean varieties of fish, for example, bream, hake, pike, etc.,
- lean meats, including chicken, veal, turkey, rabbit,
- vegetable oils, in particular olive and linseed,
- any dairy products,
- juices and fruit drinks,
- weak tea.
Tip: it is best to prefer beets, carrots, zucchini, broccoli, cucumbers, cauliflower and tomatoes.
The menu for hemorrhoids can and should vary. So, for breakfast, patients can please themselves:
- salad of apples, cabbage and sour cream,
- boiled egg
- weak tea.
Tip: for constipation for breakfast, it is best to eat porridge made from 2 tbsp. l oatmeal, the same amount of flax seeds, chopped nuts and chopped dried fruits. If the mixture is poured with boiling water in the evening, a healthy porridge will be completely ready in the morning.
For lunch, dishes and products for hemorrhoids are perfect, such as:
- vegetable soup with vegetable oil,
- a small portion of boiled meat,
- stewed carrots or beets,
- fruit jelly.
Attention! Between breakfast and lunch, as well as between lunch and dinner, you should definitely have light snacks. An apple, a glass of kefir, a banana, 8 pieces of soaked prunes, 100 g of cottage cheese, a sandwich from a whole-grain bun, boiled chicken breast and a leaf of salad, etc. are ideal for these purposes.
For dinner you can cook:
- vegetable cabbage rolls
- porridge with or without fruit,
- weak tea.
Tip: every morning, half an hour before a meal, you should drink a glass of plain water, and in the evening, going to bed - a glass of kefir or low-fat yogurt.
Features of nutrition during exacerbation of the disease
In order not to provoke an exacerbation of hemorrhoids, the patient is advised to constantly monitor the quality and mode of his diet, often try to avoid indulgences, etc. Nevertheless, if an aggravation nevertheless overtakes a person, his condition begins to deteriorate sharply, bleeding opens and severe pain persists, he urgently needs to make adjustments to his diet.
A diet with exacerbation of hemorrhoids is extremely necessary to normalize the frequency of bowel movement, because in the presence of an acute inflammatory process in the rectum, both constipation and diarrhea are equally harmful. Thus, depending on the condition of the stool, the nature of the changes made to the diet is determined.
Attention! Some experts recommend completely abandoning food on the first day of an exacerbation of the ailment, and then begin to gradually eat vegetables, fruits, and then cereals.
If the disease is accompanied by difficulties with bowel movements, it is best to deal with the problem not with enemas or laxatives, but by following a certain cleansing diet.So, a diet for hemorrhoids with constipation involves:
- nutrition for 1-2 weeks mainly with liquid foods, for example, weak broths, soups, non-acidic juices, etc.,
- maximum restriction of consumption or complete rejection of salt,
- the use of vegetables, berries, dried fruits, bran and fruits in large quantities, especially dried apricots, beets and prunes,
- daily use of dairy products, in particular, one-day kefir,
- reception instead of any drinks of water or a decoction of wild rose,
- refusal of any sweets, muffins and white bread,
- minimizing the amount of protein food consumed, including meat and cottage cheese,
- an increase in the amount of buckwheat eaten primarily by reducing the amount of rice eaten, which should be abandoned altogether, and other cereals,
- refusal of raw cabbage, melon, grapes, milk and other products that activate the processes of gas formation in the intestine.
Important: the perfect food for the fences are grated vegetable soups and kefir cocktails with celery, cucumber and other fresh vegetables and herbs.
At the same time, in the presence of diarrhea, a diet for hemorrhoids with blood implies:
- rejection of any products that enhance the processes of fermentation in the intestine, especially sweet,
- reduction in the amount of fiber consumed, primarily due to the rejection of bran, and, if necessary, the reduction in the amount of vegetables and fruits eaten,
- introduction to the rice menu in the form of porridge and broth.
Important: the optimal frequency of stool is 1-2 times a day or 1 time in 2 days.
Quite often, meals with hemorrhoids with bleeding are recommended to be supplemented by swallowing whole garlic cloves once a day. This is due to the fact that it moves in the intestine in an unchanged state, and penetrating the rectum to the hemorrhoidal nodes, it burns damaged mucous membranes and activates the healing process.
Features of nutrition after surgery
Often, patients due to hemorrhoids are on the operating table. Of course, after conducting any surgery on the rectum, it is worth following a special diet.
- On the first day after surgery, you must make every effort to avoid the formation of a stool, so eating is not recommended at all, but drinking is allowed.
- On the second day, the patient up to 6 times takes exclusively liquid food in minimal portions, for example, vegetable soup or cereal.
- From the third day, it is allowed to supplement the diet with diet steam cakes, dairy products, etc.
- After 7 days from the time of the operation, the patient's diet is diversified with stewed vegetables, low-fat fish, meat, baked apples, etc.
Attention! After removing hemorrhoids for a month, foods that increase gas formation and irritate the intestines are excluded from the diet.
In the treatment of hemorrhoids, the diet plays not the last role, but, on the contrary, one of the leading ones. Therefore, the composition of your diet, mode and method of eating should be taken with all responsibility and follow the doctor's recommendations exactly. The rate of onset of recovery, the duration of remission of the disease and the likelihood of its recurrence after removal of hemorrhoids by one method or another depends on this. Thus, a diet for hemorrhoids should not become a periodically arising necessity, but a way of life.
The mechanism of hemorrhoids
As you know, in the human body, any organ is shrouded in a network of blood vessels. The rectum is not an exception, in its submucosal layer there is a superficial venous network. If the tone of the veins is reduced, sooner or later they stretch and hypertrophy. This process can be asymptomatic for a long time, and many simply do not pay attention to the first signs of the disease.Slight inflammation, itching, burning in the area of dilated veins may go unnoticed until the hemorrhoids manifest themselves in an acute form: pain, bleeding and prolapse of nodes.
The tendency to varicose veins of the intestine can be congenital, due to insufficiency of the venous system. But more often, stagnation of blood in the veins located in the rectum is the result of a sedentary lifestyle, increased intra-abdominal pressure, and chronic constipation. Violation of the outflow of blood leads to overflow of cavernous bodies in the intestinal wall, thus, hemorrhoidal nodes are gradually formed. In the presence of traumatic and irritating factors, the nodes become inflamed, bleed, and may even fall out of the anus.
Digestion and hemorrhoids
The development of hemorrhoids, its course and relapses often directly depend on the patient’s nutrition. The relationship of this disease with constipation has long been proven: when stool is delayed, feces create pressure on the intestinal walls, disrupt blood circulation and provoke the growth of venous nodes when straining. As a rule, when establishing proper nutrition, the problem of constipation is solved, and with it the progression of hemorrhoids is suspended.
The opposite situation - regular diarrhea, also contribute to inflammation of the enlarged nodes of the rectum. Frequent diarrhea can indicate the presence of dysbiosis, the growth of pathogenic flora in the intestine, which can cause additional infection of the stretched venous segments. In addition, diarrhea irritates the perianal region, which is a direct way to the formation of cracks in the rectum.
Another factor is that the food itself can irritate the intestines. A number of products cause an active blood flow to the vessels: spices, canned and pickled foods, smoked meats, alcohol. If the venous walls are weak, they can not resist the increased blood pressure.
Thus, adherence to the diet for hemorrhoids should be aimed at solving 3 main problems:
- elimination and prevention of constipation,
- the exclusion of irritating intestinal walls of chemical and mechanical factors contained in feces (acids, rough undigested pieces of food),
- prohibition of vein-causing foods.
How to eat with hemorrhoids?
Before proceeding to the preparation of a dietary menu, the patient needs to develop eating habits that will help to cope with the manifestations of chronic hemorrhoids and minimize its exacerbations.
Firstly, diet is important. The standard breakfast-lunch-dinner scheme is not suitable for hemorrhoids. You need to eat 4-5 times a day in small portions and, preferably, at about the same time. This mode establishes a clear rhythm of the gastrointestinal tract: the body gets used to receive food, digest it and remove it with a certain frequency. Failures in the rhythm of nutrition are one of the causes of constipation.
Secondly, the process of absorption of food itself should also create conditions for normal digestion. Chewing on the run, dry, fast “swallowing” contribute to violations in the digestion mechanism and provoke constipation. Hemorrhoids - an occasion to learn how to eat properly. Food must be chewed carefully in order to prepare it for digestion in the digestive tract, it is advisable to prepare dishes with a liquid consistency and give preference to warm food - too cold and hot traumatizes the mucous membranes of the digestive tract.
Thirdly, the amount of food eaten should be sufficient to form a normal amount of feces. This should be achieved not by increasing portions, but by introducing fiber-containing foods into the diet. These are vegetables, fruits, cereals, the fibers of which are not digested, swell in the presence of water, absorb decay products and remove them from the body.But you need to keep in mind that for some people the features of the gastrointestinal tract do not allow you to consume a lot of plant foods - their enzymatic system does not cope with such food: fermentation, bloating, flatulence begins. In this case, fiber is better to add in the form of food additives: bran, microcrystalline cellulose, etc. The fiber norm for adults is 38 g per day for men, and 25 for women - this must be taken into account when taking supplements.
What you can not eat with hemorrhoids: harmful foods
There are a number of products that should be completely absent on the table of the patient with hemorrhoids. This applies, first of all, to any spicy food, pickles, marinades and smoked meats, fatty meat, fried foods, saturated broths, carbonated drinks. In principle, such food should be “outlawed” for everyone who cares about their health and watches over their figure. From time to time, it is not forbidden for a healthy person to violate the diet with some kind of “harmfulness,” but in a patient with a problematic rectum, such liberty can result in an exacerbation of hemorrhoids. It is recommended to exclude or at least limit as much as possible from “ordinary” products:
- premium flour pasta,
- black bread,
- any baking
- rice and semolina porridge,
- turnip and radish
- whole milk,
- Chocolate and other sweets
- spicy seasonings
- strong tea and coffee,
A cleansing diet for hemorrhoids: what can and can be eaten
The idea is to adhere to a diet all the time, since the tendency to hemorrhoids does not disappear anywhere and, as a rule, the disease becomes chronic. Usually a person thinks about the need to change his diet when the signs of the disease are already obvious. But you need to start sometime, and at the first stage, the patient should get rid of the difficult stool and cleanse the intestines.
We immediately warn that with hemorrhoids, especially acute, enemas are contraindicated - during the procedure, you can damage the venous node and get bleeding. Laxatives that cause increased peristalsis are not recommended: rapid evacuation of intestinal contents is traumatic for dilated veins. Proper diet can help in this matter.
The following measures help to soften feces and help the body get rid of them, normalize stools:
- One-, two-day “liquid” diet, when you can drink only weak broths (preferably vegetable) and freshly squeezed juices (not sour).
- The use of a large number of berries, fruits in combination with one-day kefir or any other fresh sour-milk drink.
- Kefir cocktail with green vegetables (cucumbers, celery).
- Prune berries, dried apricots 10 pieces per day.
- In the morning on an empty stomach, at least 40 minutes before breakfast, drink 1-2 glasses of cool water, then after 20 minutes take 1 tsp. olive oil.
- The cereals have a cleansing effect: buckwheat, oats, barley, with the addition of a tablespoon of bran to the porridge.
- Sit on a salt-free diet, during which excess water will cease to linger in the body and the walls of blood vessels will contract.
The menu of the patient with hemorrhoids
As we have already said, the diet of a hemorrhoid patient should consist of food, which promotes regular and easy bowel movements and helps strengthen the venous walls. So, we list the main points:
1. Fiber, as a natural adsorbent and “filler” of the intestine, is a major element in the patient’s nutrition. The main sources of fiber: raw fruits, vegetables (broccoli, celery, different types of cabbage), cereals (buckwheat, oatmeal), bran. Do not immediately start eating kilograms of vegetables. Increase the amount of fiber in the menu should be gradually, carefully monitoring the reaction of the body. If the intestines begin to actively protest by bloating and boiling, the fiber can be picked up with bran: add them to morning porridge, eat bran bread with butter instead of cabbage salad.
2. Liquid is another indispensable part of the antihemorrhoid diet. Remember that fiber "works" only if there is enough water, otherwise it can give the opposite effect, and you will get serious constipation. The norm of fluid for an adult is 6 - 8 glasses per day. How and when to drink water? It’s better to start your day with her.A glass, drunk in the morning, has a stimulating effect on intestinal motility and helps soften the stool. In fact, cold water on an empty stomach gives a mild laxative effect. During the day, you must definitely take a few sips of plain water, even if there is no thirst. As for the combination of drinking with meals, the rules must be followed:
- you can’t drink water or tea directly during the meal, otherwise the gastric juice will be diluted with “excess” liquid, which can disrupt digestion,
- Tea drinking should be postponed for 20-30 minutes after lunch,
- the liquid used after meals should be warm / hot,
- It is better to drink cold drinks no later than half an hour before a meal.
Do not forget about the liquid in the composition of the dishes. It is highly undesirable to eat dry, solid food. Preference should be given to soups, liquid cereals.
3. When we talk about the need for 5-fold nutrition for hemorrhoids patients, this does not mean that all 5 times you need to stuff your stomach with food. Full meals are breakfast, lunch and dinner, and between them - light snacks. For this, an apple or carrot, a banana, a muesli bar, a sandwich from a whole-grain bun, a leaf of salad and chicken breast, a vegetable salad, a glass of yogurt or fermented baked milk are suitable. A healthy snack should always be at hand so that there is no temptation to buy a chocolate bar or a hamburger.
What can not be eaten with hemorrhoids?
In order to get rid of hemorrhoids, along with treatment, it is necessary to reconsider the lifestyle, change habits and, most importantly, organize proper nutrition. Not all products for such patients are equally beneficial.
Some can cause constipation, others increase blood flow to the hemorrhoids.
That is why everyone who has encountered such a disease should know what can and cannot be eaten with hemorrhoids, otherwise an incorrect diet can cause exacerbation of symptoms and erase the results of even the most effective treatment.
Limitations in the diet of hemorrhoids patients
First of all, it is worth saying that meals should certainly be regular, portions should be moderate, without excesses and severe restrictions. The therapeutic diet should be balanced and aimed at the normal functioning of the intestines. First of all, you can not eat foods that provoke constipation and hamper the movement of feces through the intestines.
Patients with hemorrhoids should:
- minimize fatty and fried foods. From meat, it is preferable to use non-fat varieties in boiled form or steamed,
- exclude the use of spices, salted, spicy and smoked foods. For example, a treat in the form of pickles, which can be so difficult to resist, increases blood circulation and causes a glut of hemorrhoidal nodes with blood, which can cause pain and even bleeding,
- limit the intake of rice and semolina porridge, potatoes. Cereals and vegetables with a high starch content can cause constipation and cause problems with high-grade bowel movements,
- avoid legumes, turnips, radishes, sorrel, cabbage and other vegetables that enhance putrefactive processes in the intestine and increase digestion in the digestive tract,
- replace coffee, strong tea and milk with a firming effect with other drinks, for example, vegetable juices or green tea,
- reduce the diet of sweets and pastries. In general, it is desirable to completely replace bread and muffins from white varieties of wheat with wholemeal flour and whole grain products. Chocolate, sweets, and sugar also initiate intestinal fermentation.
General nutritional guidelines for hemorrhoids patients
Knowing that you can not eat with hemorrhoids, you can significantly reduce the risk of relapse and exacerbation of the disease. I want to say some more important points:
- forget about quick snacks, a dry tumbler and fast food,
- quit smoking and drinking if you haven’t done so yet,
- drink more water
- choose healthy foods - vegetables, fruits, plenty of fiber, bran,
- follow the sequence and regimen in meals.
- move more.
By the way, such recommendations are useful to everyone. After all, a healthy lifestyle is the prevention of many diseases.
Diet for hemorrhoids in men: video
Hemorrhoids are a serious, painful and unpleasant disease that is not customary to talk about in society.
But it is quite common, has many types, forms, degrees, which is explained precisely by the fact that they are silent about it for a long time, hesitating to seek medical help.
It is only possible to cure the disease with an integrated approach to therapy, and an important part of it is following a diet for hemorrhoids.
How does nutrition affect the disease?
Hemorrhoids are varicose veins of the rectum. Inflammatory processes in the vessels most negatively affect the health, well-being and habitual rhythm of a person’s life: pain, ongoing itching and burning, constipation, bleeding - all this makes you change plans, observe strict bed rest, take handfuls of medications.
The main causes of the ailment are two: diseases of the vascular system, contributing to the loss of tone by the veins and malnutrition, which provokes constipation and irritates the intestinal mucosa.
Today it has been established that proper nutrition for hemorrhoids plays a very important role: following a diet helps prolong periods of remission in the chronic form of the disease, and healthy eating in acute hemorrhoids helps to quickly stop an attack and reduce the brightness of the main symptoms of the disease. So what can and should not be eaten by patients suffering from a delicate ailment?
The rules of proper nutrition for hemorrhoids
The biggest mistake of patients with this ailment is that they remember about proper nutrition during exacerbation of hemorrhoids, refusing a diet during periods of remission. But the rules of a healthy diet should be observed constantly, because only in this way can constipation, digestive disorders, increased flatulence or intestinal upsets be avoided.
What can not be eaten with hemorrhoids in any form? Smoked meats, canned food, spicy and spicy dishes, fast food, spirits, soda, sweets. All these products contribute to increased blood supply, increasing the flushing of the pelvic organs, which causes stagnation. Also, such nutrition provokes irritation of the intestinal mucosa, disrupting its work.
Both processes contribute to overloading of hemorrhoidal veins, as a result of which venous "pockets" are formed, where the inflammatory process occurs. Constipation, which appears as a result of the use of fatty, heavy meals, and non-compliance with the drinking balance, intensifies the development of the disease.
Such nutrition with hemorrhoids and constipation contributes to the development of frequent exacerbations, which each time become more painful.
Symptoms manifest themselves more vividly, others that were previously absent are added to them, and stopping them is becoming increasingly difficult.
How to eat with hemorrhoids so that the period of remission is as long as possible, and the disease does not remind of itself for many years? You need to properly compose your menu.
The diet for hemorrhoids and constipation should be based on the following rules:
- ensuring the proper functioning of the intestines,
- drinking balance
- fractional nutrition
- inclusion in the menu of special products.
In order for the digestive system to work correctly every day, it should be provided with substances that improve digestion and intestinal motility. This can be done with fiber, which is contained in the gifts of nature. It is rich in vegetables, cereals, fruits, and fiber is also sold dried on the shelves of pharmacies and supermarkets.
Such a product can be added to ready-made food or prepared from it cocktails, diluting with water or fermented milk products.
Fiber helps soften feces, enhances intestinal motility, so emptying is gentle, regular, without injuries to the mucous membranes or existing hemorrhoids.
Therefore, inflammation or bleeding in the "bumps" occur less frequently, which helps to prolong the period of remission.
The diet for hemorrhoids and cracks necessarily includes a sufficient amount of clean drinking water.
The task of water is to make feces softer, to prevent the formation of lumps, which impede the normal movement of feces through the intestines and its exit from the body. Otherwise, for emptying, you will need to push hard, which will increase blood flow to the veins of the anus, and provoke the development or exacerbation of the disease.
Also, dense lumps of feces can:
- injure cavernous formations, causing bleeding and inflammation,
- cause cracks in the anus, as the diameter of the fecal lump is usually much larger than the anus ring
- increase pressure on the intestinal wall, which will provoke a disruption in the work of other organs located next to it.
Proper nutrition involves the principle of fragmentation: you need to eat often, every 2-3 hours, but in small portions. The average amount of food consumed at one time should be no more than the patient’s handful.
It is also very important to eat at the same time, so the digestive system "learn" to secrete the enzymes necessary for the proper functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, which will also be the prevention of constipation.
It is very important to exclude from the menu products that slow down intestinal motility, contributing to the bonding of feces. Usually it is wheat flour, sweets, wheat bran.
But the dietary fiber contained in dried fruits must be present in the daily diet. They are soaked with warm water and consumed throughout the day.
Dried fruits not only contribute to the normalization of the digestive system, but also serve as an excellent snack, quickly satisfying hunger.
If such nutrition with hemorrhoids in men does not give significant results, a new generation of laxatives can help the intestines. Such medicines contain lactulose, which acts gently, does not cause intestinal cramps or pain, and helps to normalize the microflora of the digestive system.
What products are allowed and prohibited?
What can I eat with hemorrhoids? Any plant foods, dairy products, fruits and dried fruits. The diet for hemorrhoids for every day must necessarily include cereals, cereals, bran.
It can be cereals, soups based on them, wholemeal bread, whole grain breads.
Fans of pasta will have to limit these products in their menu: they are allowed twice a week and only from durum wheat.
Vegetables must be seasonal, do not use foreign gifts of nature that are not ripened naturally.
It is advisable to use them fresh, but you can boil, steam, stew, bake. In the season it is also worth choosing fruits, with preference being given only to fully ripe gifts of nature.
In the cold season, raisins, dried apricots, figs and prunes should be added to the diet.
What is the most useful diet for hemorrhoids? The one that contains vegetable oils: sunflower, olive, rapeseed, corn, sea buckthorn. Some of them have a specific taste, so you can just drink them with a teaspoon while eating. When choosing meat, you should focus on dietary, low-fat varieties, and frying from the cooking process.
Also in the daily menu, it is necessary to include fermented milk products, and one that contains microorganisms that normalize the intestinal microflora.It is best to cook such yogurts and yogurt on their own, using starter cultures sold in pharmacies. The only daily drink that you want to give up is coffee.
The following products are strictly prohibited with hemorrhoids:
- canned food, smoked meats, marinades - everything that contains spices or spices,
- flour products
- cocoa and products with it,
- gas production products
You should also significantly limit pasta, semolina, rice, potatoes.
Proper nutrition during relapse
The diet for exacerbation of hemorrhoids is made taking into account the severity of the patient’s condition, because its task is not only easy excretion of feces, but also strengthening the patient's immunity, which helps to stop the inflammatory process.
Therefore, the first day after the onset of relapse, you should completely abandon the products, drink mineral, non-carbonated water. From the next day, you can start to eat vegetable purees, soups on the water, dairy products.
Further, you can adhere to the basic rules of a healthy diet.
For the entire period of exacerbation, citrus fruits, grapes, fresh milk, wheat bread, sweets and other harmful products are prohibited. Cooking should only be steamed or boiled, before stopping the attack of the disease, even baked or stewed foods should be discarded. Once the attack of exacerbation has passed, you can return to other products that are acceptable for use with hemorrhoids.
Proper nutrition should become a habit, become an integral part of human life. This is the only way to help your body cope with bouts of a serious illness easily and quickly, or even prevent their development.
Diet, physical education, hygiene against hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids patients note that the disease brings them a lot of trouble in everyday life. The thing is that the symptoms of hemorrhoids are extremely unpleasant: pain, itching, burning, inflammation of the anus.
Disease prevention is important because hemorrhoids can be prevented. In addition, prevention is only associated with a review of their own habits. So, if a person with weak vessels (and people with such a predisposition are at risk of getting hemorrhoids) gets used to dieting and starts physical education, then the risk of hemorrhoids will decrease.
Nutrition rules for hemorrhoids or for its prevention
Frequent, and for some, constant consumption of junk food disrupts the digestive system, impairs the functioning of the intestines. As a result, a person gets constipated, blood in the veins of the pelvic area stagnates, hemorrhoidal nodes form.
We recommend that you read the article on the topic "Proper nutrition from constipation."
As a prophylaxis for the appearance of cones in the anus, proctologists recommend excluding products from the daily diet that cause blood stagnation and impaired circulation. First of all, it is important to exclude completely in the presence of hemorrhoids or to consume in small quantities only on occasion of alcohol. Pickles, fast food, spicy, spicy dishes are harmful.
To prevent hemorrhoids, you need to consume fiber-rich foods daily. Vegetables, cereals and fruits, as well as dairy products, not only prevent the occurrence of constipation, they are rich in vitamins, normalize the digestive system.
It is also important to prevent dehydration. To do this, you need to consume 1.5-2 liters of pure still water. Moreover, it is better to drink water 15-30 minutes before eating.
For more information about proper nutrition, see the article “Diet for hemorrhoids. How to eat? ”
Movement activity as a way to prevent disease
A sedentary lifestyle is a problem of a modern urban dweller. Physical education helps to normalize blood flow, which is very important for hemorrhoids. Any doctor would agree with this thesis.
The work of many people today is associated with a constant stay at the computer in a sitting position or, conversely, standing in one place. Such factors lead to stagnation of blood in the pelvic organs.
Proctologists recommend taking breaks for a walk every hour, and preferably half an hour.
It would seem how a five-minute walk around the office can be the prevention of hemorrhoids? In fact, a break in sitting can normalize blood circulation.
To prevent hemorrhoids, you can engage in sports, but not every sport acts on the body in a healing way.
So, with suspicion of hemorrhoids or with a hereditary predisposition, it is better to abandon weightlifting, training in the gym.
Weight lifting causes overstrain in the pelvic area, blood flow to the vessels of the rectum, which can cause the development of hemorrhoids.
The rhythmic tension of the sphincter muscles
Such an exercise is performed while standing or sitting on a hard surface. It is not difficult to do it: you need to contract and relax the sphincter muscles. Exercise is performed 15-20 times.
Famous exercise from school. In the supine position, the straight legs are slightly raised and held by the abdominal muscles. On exhalation, the legs are spread apart, on inhalation, they cross.
In the supine position, the legs simulate cycling. With normal physical preparation, you can tear the shoulder blades off the floor, and hold your raised head with your hands.
Hygienic procedures as a method of prevention
Neglect of personal hygiene is also the cause of hemorrhoids. For prevention, the anus should be rinsed with cool running water. Moreover, it is important to do this after each act of defecation.
In addition, baths are taken as prophylaxis. This procedure strengthens the body, perfectly tones the walls of blood vessels. To improve blood circulation, take a bath with sea salt.
In a trip, when it is not possible to take a bath or even a shower, wet wipes should be used without alcohol and fragrances.
Stool normalization as prevention of hemorrhoids
Proper nutrition, as already noted, is able to get rid of violations of the gastrointestinal tract.
However, in the presence of a disorder, and even worse constipation, it is urgently necessary to deal with this problem with the help of medicines or traditional medicine.
We recommend reading the informative article "Colorectal cancer - symptoms, diagnosis, treatment."
What is the diet for hemorrhoids
A diet for hemorrhoids is one of the main requirements for the treatment of this disease. Hemorrhoids are a very common disease that affects half of the world's inhabitants. Hemorrhoids, which in the initial stages of their development may not manifest themselves in any way, have very serious consequences, not to mention the severe pain that accompanies the patient, and the delicacy of the disease.
Causes of hemorrhoids
Improper nutrition, eating too oily, spicy and peppery foods, regular overeating is one of the main causes that leads to hemorrhoids. That is why a diet for hemorrhoids will not only help to cure an ailment, but also help alleviate the symptomatic picture.
Most causes of hemorrhoids can be summarized as bad habits. Hemorrhoids, especially in the presence of a genetic predisposition, lead to smoking, a passive lifestyle, excessive enthusiasm for power sports, which involve lifting large loads, sedentary work.
Types of diets for hemorrhoids
A universal diet for the treatment of hemorrhoids does not exist, as well as a universal, general treatment for this disease. The treatment of the disease depends on the stage of hemorrhoids, and whether there are various complications caused by hemorrhoids.
So, hemorrhoids in women in most cases occur during the bearing of a child and labor and pass, subject to proper self-care and the use of local drugs, within a few weeks.
General rules of the diet for hemorrhoids: • refusal of fatty and fried foods, • refusal of pickles and pickles, • exclusion of alcoholic beverages, • refusal of spices, spicy, peppered and salty foods.
When treating hemorrhoids, light and hearty dishes are recommended for use: • broths from lean meats, • omelettes from egg whites, • boiled rice with added butter, • boiled lean meat, • lean fish. Bread must be replaced with crackers, like rye, so and white. When hemorrhoids, you need to drink as much fluid as possible. Sweetish, weak tea is allowed.
When the disease has passed, the diet after hemorrhoids should be followed for some more time, to consolidate the result. So that the disease does not arise again, do not further overload your body with too fatty, spicy and fried foods.
Diet for chronic hemorrhoids
When diagnosed with chronic hemorrhoids, the patient needs to change a lot in his life, remove all bad habits, and lead a healthy lifestyle. The fact is that chronic hemorrhoids are practically untreatable. All that can be done is to stop the unpleasant symptoms of the disease and prolong the remission for as long as possible.
A prerequisite for alleviating the condition in chronic hemorrhoids is dieting and proper, balanced nutrition. During an exacerbation of chronic hemorrhoids, fish, meat, cottage cheese and eggs are excluded from the diet. It is strictly forbidden to eat salty, pepper and spicy foods.
Drinking as much fluid as possible is recommended.
In chronic hemorrhoids, you must regularly eat fruits, dried fruits, vegetables and berries.
• alcohol, • bread, • buns, • legumes. "When treating hemorrhoids, before making a diet, you should consult your doctor, who will draw up a diet based on the individual characteristics of the body and the stage of development of hemorrhoids."
Before you sit on a therapeutic diet for the treatment of hemorrhoids, you must clear the passage and clean the walls of the rectum, making a cleansing enema.
For hemorrhoids, it is strictly forbidden to consume: • dairy products, • jelly, • mashed potatoes, • strong coffee and tea, • chocolate products, • legumes, • spices, pepper and salt,
• vegetables such as cabbage, turnips and radishes.
Proper nutrition for hemorrhoids
To treat hemorrhoids and restore the body’s strength, you need to eat as many fresh vegetables and fruits as possible. A minimum amount of salt is allowed in the dishes.
Bread can be consumed whole grain or wholemeal.
In the initial stages of hemorrhoids, proper nutrition and an active lifestyle will be enough to get rid of the disease quickly, without complications and surgical intervention.
The main condition for quick and painless getting rid of hemorrhoids is a timely visit to a proctologist when the first symptoms of the disease appear.
Dim lights embed Embed this video on your site
Features of the diet in acute pathology
Hemorrhoids are varicose veins of the plexus, which are located under the mucous membrane of the rectum. The treatment of the disease and the elimination of its causes must be approached with special care.
Treatment of hemorrhoids consists of a set of measures aimed primarily at eliminating the manifestations of pathology. In particular, a well-thought-out diet is very important for the treatment of hemorrhoids.
Nutrition for severe constipation should be aimed at normalizing and stimulating the motor function of the intestine. This applies to both acute and chronic form.
Food should be saturated with all necessary trace elements and meet the needs of the body.
The main objective of proper nutrition in acute hemorrhoids is regular bowel movement, but the food should be completely digested. This will help protect the walls of the rectum from damage by non-processed foods.
Food for acute hemorrhoids should include from 2900 to 3600 Kcal.
It is necessary that the food contains:
- Proteins from 100 to 120 grams. Half of them must be of animal origin.
- Fats from 100 to 110 grams, of which 30% are vegetable.
- Carbohydrates from 400 to 450 grams.
- Edible salt up to 10 grams.
As for the liquid, the patient should drink a minimum of 1.5 liters per day, regardless of which diet is used. Proper nutrition for hemorrhoids will quickly achieve the desired result without harming your health.
Diet for hemorrhoids - the right rhythm of nutrition
Do you have hemorrhoids? You are not alone. Thousands of people come to doctors daily with this problem. According to statistics, almost half of people over the age of 50 suffer from hemorrhoids.
Although hemorrhoids can be controlled with medical ointments or surgery, these measures will not help prevent the recurrence of the disease.
But a special diet for hemorrhoids can cope with this task.
A diet rich in dietary fiber found in fresh vegetables and fruits and necessary for the elimination and prevention of constipation - this is the recommended diet for people suffering from hemorrhoids.
If you are afraid that this is another type of diets that limit the intake of fat and carbohydrates, do not worry - this diet was developed by experts and approved by many health organizations. It helps reduce the likelihood of developing hemorrhoids in two ways.
First, the diet helps to soften stool and facilitate bowel movements. Secondly, it helps to regulate the functioning of the intestines, and prevent both constipation and diarrhea.
In general, the objective of this diet is to reduce pressure on the intestinal wall, so that the risk of hemorrhoid recurrence is significantly reduced.
Such an important diet for hemorrhoids
The negative effect of certain products on the body has been proven, as a result, hemorrhoids develop. Food can increase blood flow to the vessels of the perineum and pelvis. As a result, the veins overflow, there is a protrusion of the walls, the formation of hemorrhoidal nodes.
Uninterrupted bowel function. The essence of the products used
Daily use of fiber, which is contained in sufficient quantities in various foods: fruits, vegetables, bran. Fiber provides a number of vital functions:
- softens feces, providing a painless bowel movement,
- removes toxins and toxins from the body, preventing its pollution,
- maintains normal cholesterol,
- nourishes the intestinal microflora, without which the full functioning of the intestine is impossible.
Drinking significant amounts of water
With a lack of fluid in the body, feces are excessively dense, their withdrawal from their body is difficult, as a result, problems arise. A long stay of bowel movements in the intestine contributes to their compaction, respectively, it is much more difficult to ensure their removal. Pressure on the walls causes hemorrhoidal cracks and nodes.
Diet for hemorrhoids
Subject to the regime, eating food at the same time, the body works without the slightest glitches. In a timely manner, digestive enzymes are produced, feces freely pass the natural path, emptying occurs painlessly and regularly.
The modern rhythm of life is almost incompatible with proper nutrition. In addition, many people prefer food that contains too much starch and protein: potatoes, noodles, meat, fish.While the main sources of nutrition remain aloof: cereal, vegetables, fruit.
The above reasons are more than enough for the development of hemorrhoids. If a problem arose, a special diet will help fight it. To combat hemorrhoids, a fundamentally new lifestyle should be started:
- It is recommended to eat at least 5-6 times a day, with equal intervals of 2 - 2.5 hours.
- The main products should be cereals, fruits and vegetables.
- Be sure to eat dark cereals: pearl barley, buckwheat, oat, barley. It is recommended to exclude rice and semolina, they have a bonding effect.
- Bread should be exclusively from wholemeal flour: bran and black.
- The consumption of potatoes and pasta must be minimized.
- Vegetables can be eaten with almost no restrictions: cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, zucchini, pumpkin. They are consumed raw, stewed and boiled.
- Be sure to have apples, dried apricots, bananas, apricots on the table.
- Every day you need to consume 60 g of wheat, oat, rye bran, so you will meet the body's need for dietary fiber by 75%. In addition, crushed bran effectively acts when added to various dishes.
- Meat can be eaten in moderate portions, steamed or boiled.
- Vegetable oil prevents bowel contraction, so it must be consumed every day. They are recommended to replace mayonnaise and sour cream in salads. To combat severe constipation, add one tablespoon of oil to kefir, used at bedtime.
- A prerequisite is the use of 1.5 - 2 liters of purified or mineral water. The volume of water should be proportional to body weight. An effective method is one glass of water, used in the morning before meals, in order to enhance the acceleration of bowel movements.
- Every day you should eat fermented milk products in any form, pay special attention to enriched lactobacilli and bifidobacteria. Thanks to their action, it is possible not only to stimulate the functioning of the intestine, but also to ensure the normal balance of microflora.
- Accepted fruit drinks and juices, the ideal option is fresh.
- The use of jelly, coffee and tea should be minimized.
- During periods of exacerbation, the use of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
As you can see, nutrition plays a huge role both in the prevention of a delicate disease and in the treatment process. The diet at first glance may seem like completely simple recommendations, but according to patients of proctologists, it is really important.
Tell your friends! Share this article with your friends on your favorite social network using the social buttons. Thank!
Knowledge is power
Hemorrhoids are pain in the perineum, constant itching, burning, blood during bowel movements, complications in the form of a crack, paraproctitis, fistula, coprostasis, poor health and a bad state of mind. Who needs this?
Frequent constipation, stretching the walls of the rectum, colitis and thickening of the vessels can lead to hemorrhoids. In women, the pregnancy process stimulates.
There are two ways to combat ailment:
- Physical activity, the fight against excess weight. This applies not only to the elderly, but also to the young.
- Proper nutrition and rejection of bad habits.
I have already talked about the benefits of physical education and sports, now I’ll talk about gastronomic delights.
Nutrition for hemorrhoids and constipation: everything should be in order
No treatment will help if you do not learn simple nutritional rules for hemorrhoids and constipation
Rule one: regularity. You need to eat at least four times a day, at the same hours. Then the intestines will get used to regular emptying, and this is very important.
Second rule: quantitative. Tiny portions and a constant feeling of hunger are not useful for chronic constipation. Excess digestive juices and bile irritate the intestines.An insufficient amount of content leads to lethargy of peristalsis.
The result - increased constipation, and their alternation with diarrhea, the destruction of beneficial microflora (it will begin to be digested) and dysbiosis.
Food for each reception should be exactly as much as enough to eat and not overeat. (How much is there to lose weight, read here)
If you’re already sick, use the help of a nutritionist, or use the “smart service for a healthy diet and lifestyle.” They will help you develop an individual nutrition program and choose the right diet.
The tale of products that praise themselves
- adsorbs decay products and carries them out,
- enhances motor skills
- improves absorption.
Many benefits will bring:
There, kefir with greens is hugging. Do you know why? If you crumble greens in kefir - better means for constipation and is not required.
Bread in our row is coarse, with the addition of bran, and certainly yesterday.
Proteins and fats are also needed for a full life, but not all. There is a need:
Friends! I, Andrey Eroshkin, will hold mega interesting webinars for you, sign up and watch!
Topics for upcoming webinars:
- We reveal five causes of all chronic disorders in the body.
- How to remove violations in the digestive tract?
- How to get rid of gallstone disease and is it possible to do without surgery?
- Why am I so drawn to sweets?
- Cancerous tumors: how not to fall under the knife of the surgeon.
- Low-fat diets are a short way to resuscitation.
- Impotence and prostatitis: breaking stereotypes and fixing the problem
- Where to start restoring health today?
- lean meat and fish,
- raw vegetable oils - linseed (my favorite by the way), olive or sunflower,
You need to steam, bake or cook. It is delicious, especially if it is diverse.
Get plenty of fluids!
We are used to drinking a little. One glass of tea at dinner - that's all. Why? To run less frequently in the toilet and not to lower labor productivity? We do not need these nonsense, we should drink a lot.
At least two liters per day.
Water is just as good for hemorrhoids as medicines and fiber. Food should be liquefied, and then it is easier to bypass the intestines.
In the morning I got up - I drank a couple of glasses of cool boiled water - and you are provided with a normal chair.
Nutrition for hemorrhoids and constipation: what is still impossible?
Everyone knows that if you rub the skin with alcohol, or chew a peppercorn in your mouth, it becomes hot until it burns. Blood rushes to an irritated place. That is why sharp spices, alcohol, marinade, salinity and smoked products stimulate a rush of blood to the intestinal veins.
Those gradually thicken and bulge. The result is the formation of hemorrhoidal nodules.
Smoking is the number one enemy. Toxic poisons and nicotine cause our blood vessels to expand and contract chaotically - they stretch - the walls thicken - hemorrhoids are provided.
Foods that increase gas production should be excluded. With bloating in the intestines, the wrong processes are going on, the walls of the intestines are stretched and injured.
You should not eat turnips and rutabaga, legumes, radishes, grapes, milk, mushrooms, rye bread. Well, and of course, strong broths, meat and fish, are harmful in case of constipation.
Nutrition for hemorrhoids and constipation: therapeutic diet No. 3
Once upon a time there was a good uncle, Pevzner. In the 19th century, he developed 15 diet tables, without ignoring any dangerous ailments. He has a diet of 3, just for our case.
With bowel diseases with constipation, the famous gastroenterologist took care of everything: both calorie content and the sparing kind of food that is crushed and baked or steamed.
Soups, salads from raw vegetables, sweet dishes, fruits and snacks - all included in the diet. He provided for the amount of liquid, and proteins, and useful fatty acids, and carbohydrates. So, now nutrition with hemorrhoids and constipation is a resolved issue. Take and use!
On this I will allow myself to finish.Let me remind you: the most important thing is to change your life once and for all, and continue in a new way, no matter how old you are.
And to make it even easier - I released a video "Active Weight Loss Course" . In it you can find answers to all the questions that will appear in the process of changing your existence in favor of health and longevity.
Causes of hemorrhoidal disease
The disease develops due to weakness of the venous walls in the rectum. This condition is accompanied by pain and blood secretion after an act of defecation. At the second stage of the disease, nodes are formed inside the rectum. In the third stage of hemorrhoids, they are pushed out, causing the patient excruciating pain and discomfort. At the third stage, it is almost impossible to cure the disease at home - only surgery or minimally invasive intervention remains.
Surgery suggests simply cutting off the fallen scalpel nodes under local anesthesia. Even surgery does not prevent relapse - nodes can continue to form if the patient does not begin to adhere to a diet for hemorrhoids. What is to prevent relapse is described below.
The most common causes of hemorrhoidal disease:
- A sedentary lifestyle contributes to blood stasis in the pelvic organs. As a result, the veins of the rectum experience a large load and begin to become inflamed, over time, nodes, bleeding and severe pain appear.
- A hereditary factor plays a large role - if the next of kin suffers from varicose veins or from hemorrhoidal disease, then their veins could not withstand the load. It is likely that such a feature (weak venous walls) will be transmitted to their children and grandchildren.
- Frequent weight lifting leads to straining. Hemorrhoids are not uncommon for loaders, builders and people who are involved in weightlifting. In order to avoid relapses of the disease, you will have to abandon the work, which involves the frequent wearing of weights.
- During pregnancy, a woman's weight increases dramatically. by the ninth month, some women are gaining about twenty kilograms. In an "interesting position", ladies must always adhere to proper nutrition and know what to eat with hemorrhoids. During natural childbirth, strong straining also occurs - this becomes the reason that the hemorrhoids formed during the bearing of the baby from the rectum will fall out and complicate the life of the young mother.
- Persistent constipation is also one of the common factors that affect the onset and relapse of hemorrhoidal disease. In order to minimize the manifestations of the disease, you need to know what you can eat with hemorrhoids with bleeding and the possibility of prolapse of nodes. Eating can prevent thrombosis and heavy bleeding.
- Chronic alcoholism has an extremely negative effect on the state of the venous walls. People who regularly abuse alcohol are almost guaranteed to develop hemorrhoidal disease. In order to prevent complications that hemorrhoids can provoke, you should know what is with hemorrhoids. Of course, the main condition for achieving remission is a complete rejection of the use of any alcohol-containing drinks.
The main goals of clinical nutrition
Dietary nutrition for hemorrhoidal disease has the following goals:
- prevent the development of constipation,
- Stabilize the bowels
- if there is a history of intestinal ulcer - prevent relapse,
- thin the blood, as thick can lead to such a serious complication as thrombosis,
- ensure maximum intake of vitamins and minerals in the body in order to avoid deficiency, which adversely affects the elasticity of tissues and the strength of the venous walls,
- prevent diarrhea - for this, foods that soften stool should be consumed in relatively small quantities.
It is very important not only to know what is better to eat with hemorrhoids, but also to adhere to the correct drinking regimen. A lack of clean water prevents normal blood density. And if the blood is thick - then you can not hope to achieve remission. In many patients, the condition is aggravated by the frequent use of alcohol - ethanol leaches all minerals, promotes dehydration and blood density, which negatively affects the quality of the venous walls. In a person who regularly drinks alcohol, hemorrhoids can progress to the third stage in just one and a half years.
So one more indirect rule can be distinguished - nutrition for hemorrhoidal disease should be accompanied by a rejection of bad habits.
Product List: What You Can Eat With Hemorrhoids
The diet is not at all strict. We can say that it implies nutrition according to the principles of a healthy lifestyle. Such a table normalizes digestion and is also useful for chronic diseases of the digestive tract.
What you need to eat with hemorrhoids:
- Bread - whole grain, Borodino, with bran. It is better to refuse white bread, long loafs and other bakery products from white flour forever and not to use in any quantity: they contribute to bloating and problems with stool.
- Meat and fish are allowed any - but they should not be fried in oil.
- Any vegetables are allowed, but it should be noted that they must be either raw or stewed in a small amount of water.
- A special place in the diet with hemorrhoids is beets. Every day you should eat boiled beets grated on a grater - but not more than 100 grams per day. if you eat too much of this root vegetable, the patient may be disturbed by diarrhea, and this is unacceptable with hemorrhoids.
- Allowed to eat any raw fruit, peeled. You should not add them to cakes, pies and other sweets. Simply, if suddenly the patient wants sweets, you can satisfy your desire by eating any fruit.
- Dairy products should be present in the daily diet of any person with hemorrhoidal disease. You should give preference to those that are not too fat (it is optimal to choose cottage cheese not more than 5% fat, milk and kefir - not more than 2.5%),
- Dried fruits are not all good. For example, dried apricots can cause constipation. But prunes are the perfect choice for hemorrhoids. It has a mild laxative effect and improves intestinal motility.
List of prohibited foods for hemorrhoidal disease
What you can not eat with hemorrhoids with bleeding:
- sweets are completely excluded - both factory-made and self-made,
- products with high acidity (sorrel, radish),
- fatty fried meat dishes - meatballs with a crust, fried steak,
- bakery products from white grades of flour,
- white cabbage and legumes,
- dried apricots.
If the disease has not yet been complicated by bleeding, then you can sometimes afford stewed cabbage, pasta. If you want a meat steak, you should bake it in foil in the oven or on the grill without adding oil.
Drinks: list of allowed and forbidden
Few of the patients of the proctologist think that drinking regimen is no less important than the consumed food. You should carefully monitor what a person drinks daily and in what quantity. The patient should remember that you can not eat and drink with hemorrhoids, since his condition and the possibility of complications will directly depend on the quality of the diet.
- Permitted for use in hemorrhoidal disease compotes, cooked independently with a minimum addition of sugar. If the patient likes tea, fruit varieties should be preferred.It is better to replace coffee with chicory, since instant coffee contributes to the development of dehydration, which leads to leaching of minerals and problems with blood density. As a result, the risk of complications increases.
- Any alcoholic drinks are strictly prohibited. It does not matter what the patient prefers: beer, wine, high-quality strong drinks. Any of them contains ethyl alcohol, which has an extremely negative effect on the entire body, and, in particular, on blood density. If the patient of the proctologist continues to abuse even low-alcohol drinks from time to time, remissions can not be expected. The same can be said about coffee. Alas, you will have to abandon your love for strong black coffee. It has a strong diuretic effect, which negatively affects the state of the body. It is better to try chicory - this drink tastes very much like coffee, but does not have its negative properties. You should be careful and monitor your condition, as in some people, eating a lot of chicory can cause bleeding.
Salad recipes that are useful for hemorrhoids
Almost all patients of the proctologist are worried that you should not eat with hemorrhoids with bleeding. You can prepare delicious and hearty dishes from the allowed products. Vegetable salads are ideal for hemorrhoidal disease. Just do not fill them with mayonnaise, it can provoke bloating and is quite difficult to digest due to its fat content. You can use the following recipes:
- Boil one small beetroot, grate, add 50 grams of crushed walnuts. If the dish seems dry - add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Boil a couple of potatoes, one chicken breast and 100 grams of carrots, the same amount - beets. Cut each ingredient into cubes, salt to taste. As a sauce, use low-fat sour cream.
- Boil 400 grams of small shrimp, peel. Cut the tomatoes into small slices. Boil the pollock fillet until cooked and split into fibers. If desired, boiled potatoes chopped into cubes can also be added to the salad. Cold-pressed unrefined peanut butter is suitable as a salad dressing.
First courses: what to choose?
What is there for acute hemorrhoids? Dietary soups are ideal: they are very satisfying, while they are rich in vitamins and do not impede the functioning of the digestive tract. Proctologist patients are often interested in what to eat with an exacerbation of hemorrhoids, since discomfort and pain reach such an extent that you have to drink analgesics. Of course, in the later stages of the disease, in addition to diet, medications should also be taken.
Puree soup with meat and vegetables
200 grams of potatoes, 100 grams of carrots, 20 grams of beets, one onion, one chicken fillet boil in a liter of water until tender. Of course, all vegetables must be previously peeled and thoroughly washed. Add salt to taste. After the mass has cooled slightly, grind in a blender directly with the broth to a uniform consistency.
Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
Boil 300 grams of cauliflower and broccoli, divided into fibers, in a liter of water until cooked. You can add slices of carrots. Add salt to taste.
Allowed sweets for hemorrhoidal disease
Proctologist patients often complain that they lack sweets. They are already aware that eating and drinking with hemorrhoids is permissible, therefore they limit themselves to chocolate, muffin and other goodies.
Oven-baked cinnamon apples are a low-calorie, tasty and easy-to-cook dessert. Five to six large-sized apples should be prepared, cut in half and the core of the knife removed. Sprinkle with cinnamon and powdered sugar.Spread parchment paper on a baking sheet, arrange the apples so that they do not touch each other. bake at a temperature of about 180 degrees.
Fruit salad seasoned with low fat sour cream is a great choice. this salad is especially good if you cool it in the freezer before eating. Dice bananas, apples, a little kiwi, you can pour the salad with orange juice. Mix thoroughly, cool.
You can make ice cream from low-fat cottage cheese with berries. In a blender, mix a couple packs of unfrozen cottage cheese with a handful of strawberries and raspberries until a homogeneous consistency is obtained. Arrange in molds and put in the freezer until completely cooled. It is better not to wait for the freeze - the cottage cheese will become too hard, and it will be impossible to eat. Such a dessert is useful to all people with chronic hemorrhoids and diseases of the digestive tract. If the dish seems unsweetened - you can add a sweetener.
Protein in the diet of a person with hemorrhoidal disease
Proteins are the building blocks for every cell in the human body. Therefore, patients of a proctologist should in no case be excluded from their diet sour-milk products and meat. These are the main sources of protein.
Especially often, men worry about the amount of protein in the diet, since it is responsible for building muscle tissue. What is hemorrhoids? Men will be pleased with the fact that chicken, turkey, veal, low-fat beef, fish and seafood are allowed with this ailment. The main condition is that dishes from these products should not be roasted. The best way to cook is by steaming, stewing or boiling.
If you deprive yourself of protein food - do not be surprised at weakness, poor health and poor performance. But purely protein diets for hemorrhoids are strictly prohibited: they almost always provoke constipation. And this is unacceptable for people with hemorrhoidal disease.
The role of fat in the diet of a person suffering from hemorrhoids
Most proctologist patients are aware of what hemorrhoids are. And still, many make a common mistake: completely refuse fat. It is unacceptable. lack of fat in the diet leads to constipation. In addition, fats are important for beautiful skin. With their lack, it becomes dry, wrinkles are formed. Lack of fat is a serious test for the body, even a healthy person.
Fats in the diet allow the gastrointestinal tract to work, so the patient forgets about constipation. In the first stage of hemorrhoids, often this is enough to get rid of the manifestations of the disease.
Optimal sources of healthy fats: nuts, cold pressed vegetable oils, salmon fish. Fats, which are contained in meat and egg yolk, are undesirable to eat, as they are capable of worsening the elasticity of the veins and contributing to thrombosis with regular large intake. For the same reason, it is forbidden to eat food, during the preparation of which part of the ingredients are fried in hot oil.
Nutrition for acute hemorrhoids
In order not to "disturb" hemorrhoids, the patient must follow a diet constantly. So you can keep the disease in a state of remission and feel like a healthy person. After all, exacerbation of hemorrhoids not only brings physical suffering, it is also dangerous with bleeding, which is not so easy to stop.
Acute hemorrhoids is characterized by an inflammatory process in the area of the dilated rectal veins or hemorrhoidal thrombosis. In this case, the surface cones can bleed, and the internal nodes can fall out of the anus and get pinched. With such problems, the diet should be especially strict, that is, completely eliminate any "provocative" products - enhancing blood flow, irritating intestinal walls and increasing peristalsis, fixing and greatly relaxing stools.
During acute hemorrhoids, constipation and diarrhea are equally harmful. Hard stool injures the mucous membrane and enlarged nodes, provokes inflammation, the onset of blood loss. Too frequent liquid bowel movements irritate the entire anal area and exacerbate the manifestations of an acute disease.If you do not adjust the optimal frequency of stool (1-2 times a day, maximum - every other day), recovery may be delayed, and the likelihood of complications will increase.
Correction of nutrition during exacerbation of hemorrhoids depends on the nature of stool disorders. If there is a tendency to constipation, it is important:
- increase the amount of fiber due to vegetables, unsweetened fruits and bran,
- replace tea and coffee with plain water without gas or a decoction of dried fruits without sugar,
- completely abandon chocolate, sweets, pastries, white bread,
- reduce the consumption of high-protein foods - any meat, cottage cheese,
- Rice and semolina prefer buckwheat,
- minimize gas production by eliminating raw cabbage, grapes, melon, brown bread, cow's milk from the menu.
If the exacerbation is accompanied by diarrhea, it must be stopped, but at the same time prevent the chair from becoming too tight:
- exclude “roaming” foods - desserts, sweet fruits, sugar,
- fiber consumption should be reduced - to reduce the amount of raw vegetables (preferably boiled, stewed or steamed), legumes, stop adding bran and dressings with dietary fiber to dishes,
- You can drink strong tea and rice broth, eat rice porridge to fix the chair.
Of course, in both versions of the course of the disease, alcohol, any canned food, pickles and other products from the "black list" are strictly prohibited.
Anti-hemorrhoid diet after surgery
Acute hemorrhoids, accompanied by bleeding and necrosis of dilated vessels, often end on the operating table. Hemorrhoidal nodes and damaged sections of the vascular walls are removed surgically. The operation is routinely indicated for people with a severe course of the disease, with frequent and painful relapses, when preventive measures and conservative treatment of hemorrhoids are practically powerless.
The postoperative diet consists in protecting the patient's intestines from the load in the first few days after the intervention. So, on the first day, the chair is extremely undesirable, so the patient is only allowed to drink. On the second postoperative day, you can begin to slowly introduce food, often (up to 6 times a day) and in very small portions:
- vegetable broth soup
- steam cutlets
- semi-liquid oatmeal, buckwheat on the water,
- cottage cheese and kefir.
This food continues until the end of the first week. Then you can add soft stewed vegetables, low-fat fish and steamed meat (or also stewed), baked apples.
For a whole month, you need to forget about food that provokes flatulence and irritates the intestines:
- fruits and vegetables containing an increased amount of coarse fibers (cabbage, radish, apples, raspberries, oranges, gooseberries, legumes),
- carbonated and caffeinated drinks: soft drinks, cola, kvass, strong tea, coffee,
- products containing irritating substances: onion, garlic, radish,
- indigestible types of meat (lamb, pork, duck and goose meat),
- “Heavy” foods, such as mushrooms and seafood,
- muffin and sweets.
At the same time, it is necessary to ensure that the menu is balanced in carbohydrates - proteins - fats, since all nutrients must enter the body in full. The diet remains frequent and fractional, the cooking method is steaming, stewing, boiling.
The postoperative period lasts about a month. All this time, proper nutrition is the basis for intestinal recovery after surgery. Blood flow into the pelvis, irritation of the intestinal walls by harmful substances from food, bloating and stool retention, as well as an increase in intra-abdominal pressure associated with them, can lead to complications such as scar infection, rupture of sutures, and bleeding. It is these consequences that are fraught with disordered nutrition and the use of prohibited foods after cutting hemorrhoids.
However, with the end of the rehabilitation period, the diet should not stop.No doctor can guarantee that the removed hemorrhoids will never return if you continue to lead an unhealthy lifestyle and somehow eat.
The main principles of nutrition should remain:
- frequent, fractional meals,
- the basis of the diet is vegetables, raw and thermally processed, in an individually selected ratio,
- meat - only dietary (chicken breast, rabbit, turkey, lean beef and pork), cooked in any way other than frying,
- bread, pasta - preferably from "gray" flour, made with the addition of bran, whole seeds and cereals,
- a daily portion of fermented milk products is required,
- as a dessert - fruits, some honey,
- fried, sweet, coffee, chocolate - only on big holidays,
- alcohol is completely prohibited.
Of course, one diet for the prevention of hemorrhoids can not do. Feasible physical exercises that are not associated with weight lifting and excessive tension of the abdominal wall help to maintain the intestines in good shape. Do not forget to regularly visit the proctologist and follow his recommendations for the prevention of the disease.
The role of nutrition cannot be overestimated
If a person is diagnosed with hemorrhoids, then you should not neglect what constitutes a diet.
If a person does not adhere to a certain diet, then digestive problems may occur. So constipation appears or diarrhea appears. Both of these ailments adversely affect the patient’s condition, causing him additional pain and aggravating the treatment process.
Proper nutrition also affects the overall tone of the intestinal tract. If the meal does not contribute to the stagnation of overcooked food in the intestines, then a person will not have to take special medications to speed up emptying and get rid of unpleasant sensations.
Proper nutrition leads to an easy bowel movement. And this is the elimination of one of the causes of the formation of hemorrhoidal nodules. During emptying, there is no need to push hard if vegetables and fruits are included in the diet. But a large amount of meat, on the contrary, can lead to hardening of feces and difficulty in their removal from the body.
Proper nutrition is not only beneficial to the general health of a person, but also helps to improve the following processes, on which the course of treatment for hemorrhoids depends:
- improvement of the gastrointestinal tract,
- a significant reduction in intestinal gas productionthat burst it from the inside, thereby exerting an adverse effect on the walls,
- softening stoolthat will facilitate easier emptying.
But this can only be achieved by observing certain rules. Otherwise, the effect of the diet will not be.
General principles of nutrition
So that the process of eating only benefits, and does not intensify pain during hemorrhoids and anal fissures, does not make you suffer during bowel movements, you should start living according to a certain regime and make some changes to your own menu.
It is worth highlighting two main factors on which proper nutrition depends:
- the number of meals and the gaps between them
- volume of fluid drunk.
It should be noted right away that you need to drink more clean water, not strong coffee or tea. During the day, a person should drink at least two liters of liquid, which may also include broth or soup.
Less than this volume leads to a lack of water in the body and compression of feces, which further leads to constipation.
As for the number of meals, there should be at least four per day. It is possible and more, but then the volume should be somewhat less.
The principle of nutrition in small quantities, but with great frequency, plays a positive role in the prevention of hemorrhoids and after its removal, when the body is rehabilitated.
Necessary and healthy food
There are a lot of allowed foods with hemorrhoids, so many people quietly switch to a new menu without exposing yourself to a great shock.
Vegetables and fruits should be the basis, the exception is only those that can cause the fermentation process, but this will be discussed later.
Dried apricots, bananas, peaches, apricots and prunes should appear on the table of each patient. Of vegetables, it is worth noting cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini and carrots, which should be part of salads seasoned with vegetable oil.
For lovers of bread, you should choose varieties baked from wholemeal flour. This will allow the body to get fiber and normalize the intestines. If a person has a strong craving for wheat bread, then it should be slightly dried, removing excessive softness.
As for meat, it can be consumed in small quantities. In this case, it must be cooked, and in no case should not be fried. Pieces must be selected "lean", that is, with a minimum amount of fat.
It is also good to eat boiled fish. It contains a large number of useful substances and compounds, so necessary for the body of any person.
Among healthy foods, cereals should take a special place. Pearl barley, buckwheat, barley and oat groats favorably affect the intestinal function, normalizing it and facilitating easy emptying. Especially healthy cereals cooked on the water.
Of the drinks allowed for consumption, you should choose clean water, berry fruit drinks and fruit juices. They contain a large amount of vitamins, which is so necessary for the general tone of the body.
It is recommended to drink fermented milk products rich in living microorganisms. This will positively affect the work of the intestine and will forget about the problem of constipation with hemorrhoids.
What should I refuse?
The number of prohibitions when compiling a menu for a person who has a disease such as hemorrhoids is not very large. The main thing is to exclude from your own diet the daily use of foods that cause gas formation and fermentation.
These products include:
- Potatoes and white cabbage.
- Also not worth using radish, radish and turnip. But in most cases, they are not included in the human diet, as additional products that are part of some salads.
- Legumes should also be excluded from the menu, as they contribute to increased gas formation.
- You can add to the list of contraindications semolina and rice cereals. Porridge and side dishes of them contribute to fastening, which will complicate daily bowel movements.
- About fried and spicy dishes should also be forgotten. Smoked foods, which in large quantities are completely harmful to the body, can aggravate the situation.
- Pickled vegetables due to the content of a large number of spices, they also will not bring anything good, so their use should be minimized, or even completely excluded.
- Among drinks, the restriction is alcohol, strong coffee and tea.
- Alcohol contributes to an increase in blood flow to the colon, from where it then leaves poorly. This leads to complication and relapse of hemorrhoids, causing swelling and inflammation.
- WITH confectionery, chocolate and even jelly is also worth saying goodbye. At least during treatment.
How to create your own menu
When compiling a personal menu for a hemorrhoid patient, it should be based on the fact that the number of meals should be in the range from 5 to 6 times during the day. The intervals between them should not be more than 2.5 hours for the gastrointestinal tract to start working without failures without overload. The amount of food to eat must be controlled, avoiding overeating.
The main products on the menu are cereals, vegetables and fruits. In this case, the day should begin with cereals.It is most useful to eat oatmeal, buckwheat and pearl barley porridge cooked in water. But the use of milk is also allowed.
During the course of the day, boiled fish or meat gradually enters the diet. A side dish for them can be stewed vegetables. Rye bread should be served at the table, as it is rich in fiber. Throughout the day, you need to eat as many fruits as possible in any form: both fresh and dried.
Features of nutrition after removal of hemorrhoids
The peculiarity of nutrition during the rehabilitation period after an operation to remove hemorrhoids is strict adherence to all of the above rules. No excesses or overeating are allowed here.
During this period, it will be right to exclude meat from your own menu. But if this does not work out due to the strong craving for such dishes, then you should eat meatballs, meatballs and other products based on minced meat cooked in steam.
But the number of vegetable salads in vegetable oil, from sunflower or olives, should be increased and become the main dish in the menu of a recovering person.
This product stimulates the intestines, causing it to contract more often, moving the digested food further to the exit. And do not forget at the same time about a plentiful drink. Fruit drinks, juices and green tea, that will be useful during this period.
What is there with bleeding hemorrhoids
The main rule of nutrition for hemorrhoids with bleeding is strict adherence to a constant meal time.
Without this, it will be incredibly difficult to reduce the harmful effects and eliminate the cause of the disease. In addition, there should be no foods in the diet that cause a large flow of blood to the rectum and anus.
Carrots, beets, zucchini, cucumbers and tomatoes should be regular participants in the meal. And as many drinks as possible, such as fruit drinks, juices and of course pure water.
If the disease is accompanied by constipation
The problem of constipation is the lack of a sufficient amount of fluid, as well as the presence in foods of foods that are long digested and slowly moving towards the exit.
Therefore, with hemorrhoids and constipation, meat dishes with rice and pasta should be removed from the menu.
They should be replaced by more vegetable and fruit salads, as well as dried fruits. Drinking plenty of water should not be forgotten either. Juices, fruit drinks water and green tea.
In addition, you must drink kefir and liquid yogurt. They are rich in beneficial microorganisms that are able to organize the work of the entire intestinal system.
A daily diet that can be used as an example for hemorrhoids:
- first meal: a glass of pure water, after half an hour buckwheat porridge with milk, banana, sour cream,
- lunch: fruit salad and juice,
- dinner: fish soup, carrot salad, boiled meat and stewed vegetables, some fruit,
- afternoon tea: juice, banana and prunes,
- dinner: vegetable stew, vegetable oil salad,
- before bedtime kefir.
But this is not the only thing that can be eaten. The following menu is suitable for some:
- first breakfast: oatmeal on the water, boiled egg and green tea,
- lunch: dried apricots, prunes and a glass of yogurt,
- dinner: vegetable soup, boiled fish with vegetables, coarse flour bread, grated carrots,
- afternoon tea: yogurt and fruit jelly,
- dinner: boiled brussels sprouts, fruit salad and juice,
- for the night drink a glass of kefir or liquid yogurt.
With a carefully selected diet, you can avoid complications and calmly transfer any treatment methods for hemorrhoids.
But in any case, you must drink at least two and a half liters of liquid, and start the day with a glass of clean water. Only in this way and nothing else. Meat and fish should only be boiled, on the table there is always a vegetable salad with vegetable oil.