The main reason is an infection spread by the Helicobacter pylori microbe. But also the development of the disease contributes to increased acidity of the gastric juice and mechanical injury to the stomach. Pathology proceeds in both acute and chronic form. The first is provoked by drugs, alcohol, tobacco. The second is most often caused by giardiasis or Crohn's disease.
- superficial bulbit affects the upper region of the gastric mucosa,
- erosive - ulcers on the mucous,
- focal - it is characterized by clusters of ulcers,
- atrophic - affects the duodenum,
- hemorrhagic - mucous is inflamed and bleeding appears.
Symptoms and diagnosis of the disease
Symptoms are similar to duodenal ulcers. The patient has pain in the stomach. This is accompanied by bloating, belching, nausea, and sometimes constipation. The latent form of a bullbit can go on for years without letting it know.
- Pain arising in the stomach. Sometimes they move to the navel, accompanied by cramps.
- Pain after 2-3 hours after eating. It passes after taking antacids, extinguishing the excess acid formed in the stomach.
- Focal bulbit often accompanied by vomiting.
- Chronic bulbit causes a feeling of weakness. The patient has sweating and fatigue.
The disease is diagnosed by fluoroscopic examination of the stomach and intestines. Sometimes doctors perform duodenal intubation - a study of the secretory function of the gastrointestinal tract.
Diagnosis should be carried out on the basis of anamnesis and laboratory tests. The disease is adjusted with the help of drugs that reduce acidity, eliminate infection. In addition, doctors prescribe herbal remedies that eliminate the psychogenic factors of pathology.
Depending on the development of bulbit, it is divided into:
Depending on the severity of the disease produce:
No one is immune from this disease: the disease affects people of any age group, gender. However, it is harder for young women to endure, especially with problems of the endocrine and nervous system.
Causes of disease
Focal bulbit depending on the origin is classified into hereditary and acquired.
The latter type occurs for several reasons:
- damage to the duodenum by the bacterium Helicobacter pylori. This infection is the source of most pathologies of the digestive tract. The causative agent is transmitted by household, through medical manipulations. As a rule, focal bulbit is preceded by helicobacterial gastritis,
- infection with parasites - lamblia and worms. It’s not the parasites that cause bulbit, but their appearance against the background of a drop in immunity, poor nutrition,
- exceeding the normal amount of hydrochloric acid in the stomach,
- focal bulbit occurs as a complication of Crohn's disease,
- problems with peristalsis, resulting in stagnation of food. Hence the aggressive effect on the intestine of hydrochloric acid. Most often, a violation of proper motility is associated with hereditary curvature of the duodenum,
- as a result of alcohol, drug, food poisoning. Long-term use of individual medications, such as aspirin and prednisone,
- unbalanced nervous system also plays a role of aggravating factor. Under the influence of stress, vasospasm occurs, leading to deterioration of the blood supply to the organs,
- as a result of mechanical damage to the gastrointestinal tract.
Symptoms of focal bulbit
As mentioned above, the symptoms of this disease are the same as in gastritis and gastric ulcer. This is a challenge for self-diagnosis. A person has painful discomfort as with other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The patient complains of aching pain in the stomach, extending to the left or right hypochondrium. Often these feelings increase after a couple of hours after eating, at night.
Relief brings antacids. Gradually, the painful sensations increase, nausea, bloating, belching, heartburn, and irregular stools join them. Patients notice a bitter smell from the mouth. In some cases, gastric bleeding occurs.
Chronic stage is manifested by general symptoms of intoxication: headaches, fatigue, decreased performance, sweating. Sometimes the pain is concentrated in one place: in the navel or in the hypochondrium, where the inflammatory process occurs.
Causes of exacerbation
This disease is characterized by periods of relative calm and exacerbation of gastroduodenitis, which occurs under the influence of the following factors:
- alcohol intoxication,
- unbalanced diet, excessive amount of fatty foods,
- influence of drugs
- reduced immunity
- vitamin deficiency, especially in the autumn, winter periods.
For diagnosis focal bulbit conduct the following studies:
- general blood analysis,
- blood chemistry,
- x-ray of the stomach and duodenum
- Abdominal ultrasound,
- test for the presence in the exhaled air of traces of the pathogen Helicobacter pylori, it is possible to apply the methods of PCR, ELISA,
- duodenal intubation.
- study of gastric juice.
Endoscopic examination allows to detect the focus of inflammation on the mucous layer with areas of hyperemia.
Treatment of focal bulbit
Treatment of focal bulbit requires an integrated approach, time, lifestyle changes and habits, normalization of the emotional background.
Banned smoking, alcohol. It is important to avoid stressful situations, emotional overloads.
However, the key to success in the treatment - in the diet, the rejection of inappropriate products. You need to be prepared for the fact that the diet will change forever.
All spicy, pickled, salted, smoked foods are excluded from the diet. Chocolate products, strong tea, carbonated drinks should not be consumed. Doctors recommend fractional meals with breaks of no more than five hours. Too hot or cold food is undesirable because it has an irritating effect. What matters is how the dish is cooked. It is better to bake, stew, cook in a double boiler or just boil.
Without medical drugs with this disease is not enough. Depending on the cause of the inflammation, drug therapy is prescribed.
- If a focal bulbit is caused by helicobacteria, antibiotics are used.
- If the cause of duodenal disease - infection with helminths and Giardia - antiparasitic drugs.
- The doctor also prescribes anti-ulcer drugs, enveloping, reducing the acidity of gastric juice, antacid medicines, enzymes. Prescribed bismuth preparations: Almagel, Fosfolyugel.
- With nervous disorders - sedatives.
A focal bulbit of the stomach is also treated with folk techniques with the use of medicinal herbs: celandine, aloe, chamomile, hawthorn.
It is recommended to cure existing foci of infections, in addition to bulbit of the stomach, for example, chronic tonsillitis, sinusitis, to treat teeth.
What is the prevention of focal bulbit?
Preventive measures include:
- Medical examination,
- Treatment of other inflammatory processes in the body,
- Rejection of bad habits,
- Proper nutrition, refusal from overeating, excessively fatty foods,
- Hygiene rules.
After therapy with antibiotics and drugs, adherence to diet, certain rules in the way of life allows you to hope for a full recovery.
The development of focal bulbit is influenced by a number of certain provoking factors:
- Malnutrition with a predominance of pickled, fried, salty dishes in the diet,
- Infestation by parasites
- Crohn's pathology, which gradually affects all the organs of the digestive tract,
- Significant increase in gastric acidity,
- The successful development of Helicobacter pylori in the body,
- Violation of the normal duodenal perilystatic due to pathological mobility in the presence of a genetic predisposition,
- Impaired intestinal motility,
- Mechanical damage to the body in contact with a foreign body,
- Strong nerve disorders that lead to the disruption of blood vessels,
- Disruption of metabolic processes in the body due to improper operation of the endocrine system,
- A sharp decline in immunity
- Abuse of bad habits (alcohol, cigarettes),
- Intoxication of the body with potent chemicals.
Main symptoms and signs
The overall clinical picture of focal bulbit has similar symptoms with other diseases of the digestive tract. However, individual symptoms indicate inflammation of the duodenum:
- Pains of varying intensity, which occur in the epigastric region a few hours after a meal or during sleep,
- Burning in the esophagus,
- Nausea, heartburn,
- Belching with a bitter taste,
- Bad breath,
- The presence of white bloom on the tongue with a yellowish tinge,
- The severity of the stomach and intestines after a direct meal,
- Upset stool (diarrhea or constipation).
In the acute stage, the patient’s general condition worsens, and additional signs of inflammation appear:
- General weakness in the body,
- Excessive sweating
- Trembling hands
- Increased hunger,
- Headaches are not passing nature.
The above symptoms indicate the possible presence of focal bulbit. Establishing an accurate diagnosis depends on a number of designated studies.
Focal stomach bulbit
Focal bulbit of the stomach is the most common form that occurs in sick patients. In this case, the initial section of the duodenum is affected due to its pathological mobility.
The disease has similar symptoms with other pathologies of the digestive system. If untreated, inflammation gradually becomes chronic, which requires constant recovery throughout life.
Focal surface type bullit
This inflammation is most often marked by damage to the superficial tissues of the duodenal mucosa in several places. The disease has characteristic symptoms in the form of pain in the right side, nausea, general weakness, and disorders of the stool.
Accurate diagnosis of the disease is possible only after a series of designated studies and analyzes to study changes in general indicators. The form of the pathology is quite common and most often occurs when the digestive system malfunctions.
Focal erosive bulbit type
The disease is marked by a lesion of the duodenal mucosa and the appearance of small wounds on the superficial tissues. Symptoms of pathology are more pronounced.
Unpleasant sensations occur after direct ingestion of food and give to the back. There is a belching with a bitter taste, nausea, vomiting with a noticeable aggravation. Proper treatment and balanced nutrition are necessary to restore normal organ function.
This type of bulbit is characterized by the presence of follicles (capsules filled with fluid) on the duodenal mucosa. Pathology has a severe course with pronounced painful manifestations.
Most often, discomfort occurs on an empty stomach in the night or morning. In parallel, there is constant nausea, vomiting, upset stool, fever and general weakness of the body.
Focal catarrhal bulbit
The catarrhal form of bulbit is a pre-ulcerative condition, which is accompanied by the appearance of characteristic symptoms. Against the background of the progression of pathology, pain in the epigastric region, morning sickness, dyspepsia, intestinal system disorder, the appearance of acid regurgitation, and headaches are noted.
Atrophic focal bulbit
In this form of the disease, complete atrophy of the duodenal bulb is noted, which leads to a complete loss of organ function. Typical symptoms: severe heaviness in the stomach, belching, aching epigastric pain, indigestion, stool, general malaise.
The acute course of the disease has pronounced signs that cannot be ignored. In this case, the chronic form may subside for a while, and then move back to the active stage. In this case, it is necessary to apply various recovery techniques over a long period of time.
ICD code 10
The international classification of diseases refers to focal bulbit to code K29.8 (duodenitis), since inflammation is a type of this type of lesion of the duodenal mucosa.
Encrypted code is used when filling in medical documents to establish an accurate diagnosis, which is recorded in the history of the disease and other necessary documents.
How to treat
The method of treatment of focal bulbit is based on the use of complex therapy with the use of various rehabilitation techniques according to a certain scheme:
- Carrying out preventive examination and necessary research,
- Appointment of drug therapy with drugs of varying degrees of exposure,
- Keeping a healthy diet
- Establishing the right lifestyle,
- Physiotherapy as needed
- Compliance with recommendations for the prevention of disease.
The recovery process is assigned individually by the attending physician, who studies the presented clinical picture and controls the overall established treatment.
Treatment for adults
Drug therapy in the treatment of focal bulbit in adults consists in prescribing drugs with the following effects:
- Anti-inflammatory antacid action with a predominant content of bismuth (Almagel, Maalox, Gastal),
- Antispasmodic analgesics that promote muscle relaxation and eliminate unpleasant sensations (No-spa, Drotaverinum, Spasmolgon, Papaverine),
- Drugs that slow down the action of dopamine receptors (Motillium, Zerukal),
- Medications for the accelerated recovery of damaged mucous membranes, which contribute to the improvement of metabolism (Likvitorin, Actovegin, Solcoseryl),
- Preparations for the neutralization of hydrochloric acid (Fatotidin, Omez, Omeprazole),
- Antibiotics for the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms in the form of Helicobacter pylori (Metronidazole, Clarithromycin, Amoxicillin),
- Sedatives for severe disorders of the nervous system (valerian, motherwort).
Surgical intervention is carried out in the presence of clear evidence and severe course of the disease in erosive form. For general recovery, the effective appointment of physiotherapy (electrophoresis, magnetic therapy, mud baths).
Folk remedies for the treatment of focal bulbit are effective in the appointment of complex therapy. It is preferable to coordinate the chosen technique with the attending physician.The list of the most effective recipes:
- The combination of peppermint, plantain leaves, St. John's wort, yarrow in equal proportions brewed in boiling water and infused for 30-40 minutes. The finished product is taken in warm form 60 ml three times a day before eating food,
- Flax seeds in the amount of 1 tbsp. Spoon brewed in 250 ml of boiling water and infused for 1-2 hours. The finished tincture is taken in the morning on an empty stomach 2 hours before breakfast. The duration of treatment is 30 days,
- Use cooked sea buckthorn oil. The tool is taken in the morning on an empty stomach in the amount of 1 tbsp. Spoon. The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks,
- Cooking oatmeal in combination with aloe juice. The proportion is 2 tbsp. Spoons for 1 liter of cold water. The combined ingredients are boiled, and then unnecessary impurities are filtered. Juice is added to the finished product and taken 125 ml three times a day before meals,
- Daily use of fresh carrot juice to restore the damaged duodenal mucosa,
- The use of alcoholic propolis tincture diluted with water in the ratio of 1:10. This substance is of natural origin and has a beneficial effect on the overall healing of the mucous membrane.
Focal bulbit is an inflammatory disease that develops in the digestive tract. The disease occurs due to impaired mobility of the body, which leads to the formation of an additional loop in which the remains of food linger. This leads to the creation of a favorable background for the development of harmful organisms.
The disease got its name because of its location, inflammation does not cover the whole organ, but only its bulbous division.
Modified tissue is vulnerable to aggressive substances in the form of hydrochloric acid. Its effect causes the formation of small erosions, which only aggravates the inflammatory process, causes discomfort symptoms.
Causes of the disease
A focal bulbit of the stomach does not have any age or sex differences; men and women, children and the elderly may be equally affected. The main factors causing the disease are the following:
- The bacterium Helicobacter is a major factor in inflammation and the development of pathologies in organs, causing inflammation and ulceration. It is very easy to get an infection, even in everyday life, Helicobacter can become infected during some diagnostic procedures.
- Excessive production of salt fluid - leads to corrosive mucous, the formation of wounds.
- Anomalies of peristalsis - arises due to impaired bowel mobility or changes in its shape. It may also occur due to a violation of intestinal motility due to nervous disorders. This leads to the accumulation of undigested food, which leads to the destruction of the intestinal walls.
- Emotional vulnerability - provokes frequent spasms in the vessels, causing malfunction of the blood supply.
- GI trauma.
- Poisoning or chronic intake of certain drugs.
- Poor food, which is dominated by heavy dishes for the stomach, with spicy seasonings and sauces.
- Weakened immunity, impaired metabolic processes.
Focal bulbit of the stomach in most cases is chronic, clinical manifestations are similar to peptic ulcer and gastritis. The disease may worsen during off-season periods due to external factors. The main signs of the disease:
- Severe pain under the spoon, can give in the right or left edge. The painful syndrome is aching in nature. As a rule, the described syndrome manifests itself some time after a meal, may increase at night. The feeling of discomfort also disappears immediately after a meal.
- Stool disorders, frequent nausea, with gagging, frequent belching.
- If the disease is not treated for a long time, then the following symptoms occur: malaise, headache, decreased activity and performance, a sharp feeling of hunger, which is often accompanied by sweating.
The processes of inflammation can affect one or more parts of an organ, but damage affects only the upper layers of the mucosa. This form is rightly considered the easiest, as it is most often found in medical practice. It is characterized by spasmodic pains that give to the navel and the right rib. Discomfort can appear a few hours after dinner, and regardless of the meal. The patient may feel weak, strong flatulence, headaches. For this form, the appearance of white bloom on the tongue is characteristic.
Occurs due to bacterial infection or due to toxic drug poisoning. This form is characterized by the formation of foci of oval-shaped and red inflammation. Symptoms: heartburn, severe pain after eating, loss of appetite, mild nausea, upset stools.
One of the most common types of the disease, which is characterized by the formation of wounds and cracks in the mucosa, surrounded by edematous folds. Pain occurs after eating, at night, as well as in the morning before meals. After a snack, the discomfort decreases sharply. Symptoms: severe belching, bitter taste in the mouth, bouts of heartburn, weakness.
What complications may occur?
Focal bulbit is an insidious disease, because even a minor inflammatory process can cause disruptions in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as other systems. Without timely treatment, any form of bulbit can go to erosive, the next step after which is the formation of ulcers. And this in turn threatens with the ingress of food debris into the abdominal cavity, which will lead to peritonitis.
Even in the early stages of the development of the disease, negative processes occur for the body: deterioration of the functioning of the body leads to a deficiency of beneficial substances in the body, which reduces immunity.
Focal bulbit must be treated in complex therapy to achieve optimal results. An important link in the treatment is medication, as they are able to achieve several goals at once:
- Improvement of well-being and elimination of symptoms - used drugs: Gastal, Wobenzin and others.
- Normalization of the motility of the gastrointestinal tract - medicines relieve spasms of the muscles of the stomach and intestines, eliminate neurological symptoms. Used drugs: No-spa, Tserukal, Spazmil.
- Acceleration of metabolic processes - stimulation of wound healing processes, increasing the resistance of the mucous to negative factors and increased acidity, accelerating tissue metabolism. Medicines: Actovegin, Liquiriton, sea buckthorn oil.
- Elimination of infection - is achieved by taking antibiotics: Omeprazole, De-nol, Ranitidine, Omez.
Also, patients are prescribed the intake of herbal and vitamin complexes, which are designed to compensate for the lack of essential nutrients in which the body is deficient due to malfunction of the gastrointestinal tract. Their reception allows to eliminate the signs of anemia, to improve the well-being of the person as a whole.
It allows you to remove inflammation and pain. Also patients with bulbit show rest in sanatoriums several times a year, while they need to take mineral water.
Surgical treatment of focal bulbit may be necessary only in extreme cases when the above treatment measures have not been effective.
In the fight against bulbit often used alternative medicine. However, it cannot be used as a mono treatment, it can be a complementary part of general therapy. Traditional medicine can effectively relieve the symptoms of the disease.
Especially well coped with this tincture of propolis, which must be diluted in a glass of milk and taken an hour before meals. It is recommended to drink such drinks three times a day, while the course of treatment will be about 3 weeks. Patients note the good efficacy of propolis and the rapid relief of disturbing symptoms.
No less useful in this matter is decoction of wild rose. It allows you to calm the digestive tract, eliminate belching and abdominal distention, relieves pain, normalizes the nervous system.
Potato juice is a good way to reduce the increased aggressiveness of hydrochloric acid.
Useful for the treatment will be decoctions of rice and oatmeal. They envelop the intestines well. Herbal preparations are of great importance in the treatment of bulbit. They are the most benign, but no less effective way of therapy. It is recommended to drink infusions of chamomile, plantain, St. John's wort, licorice, calamus.
Focal Bulbit - Diet
Correction of nutrition in the fight against gastrointestinal ailments, including bulbit, is not a way to eliminate excess weight, but a necessary procedure that is as meaningful as taking medicines. The diet is made in such a way that the diet is healthy, while not irritating the walls of the digestive tract.
These are products with a high content of sugar and salt, dishes for the preparation of which ingredients were fried, products generously sprinkled with spices and sauces.
During treatment, the patient must say “no” to the use of pickles, coffee, and coffee-containing beverages.
The recommended option in the treatment process is fish and steamed vegetables. However, it is also possible to include in the diet and other foods prepared by boiling or stewing with minimal oil addition. Broths will be very useful. Compote, jellies and herbal teas have a good effect on intestines. Doctors advise to make food fractional, with a maximum frequency and minimal portions.
A common cause of the development of bulbit is a bacterium, you should take all safety measures when cooking, as well as carefully wash the products before they are consumed.
An important measure to protect the body from the disease is the correct lifestyle with appropriate nutrition. Giving up bad habits also reduces the risk of developing a disease. It is recommended to pay more attention to physical activity, to take drugs to increase immunity.
Symptomatology and diagnosis
The symptoms of bulbit are very similar to the symptoms of gastritis.
As mentioned above, the signs of bulbit are very similar to gastritis. Therefore, without examination and further diagnosis, diagnosis can be difficult. But it can say the following symptoms:
- Abdominal pain. Bulbite pains are different: both acute and strong, and encircling paroxysmal. It hurts either in the stomach, or just below - in the navel. For very severe pain, when the anesthetic does not help, you need to call an ambulance. Usually, pain begins when food reaches this section of the intestine, that is, an hour and a half after eating.
- Heartburn. When bulby food can not be digested normally, so there is heartburn after eating. If heartburn has become a permanent phenomenon, it can cause a lot of inconvenience.
- Vomiting. Bulb vomiting occurs infrequently, usually everything ends in nausea. But for serious violations, vomiting is also possible. At the same time in vomit can be seen traces of bile.
- Constipation. Due to impaired intestinal work, food is delayed in the body, causing constipation. With the late treatment of constipation can turn into hemorrhoids.
- Headache, weakness. These are common symptoms of bulbit. These also include reduced appetite and dizziness.
Diagnostic methods include external examination. The doctor probes the stomach for pain. Also, a specialist may prescribe an X-ray examination, which will reveal violations of motility and spasms.
Duodenoscopy remains the most informative method of examination for this disease.
Duodenoscope is inserted through the mouth and reaches the duodenum. With the help of a small camera at the end, you can carefully inspect the entire mucous membrane and identify pathologies, foci of inflammation, ulcers, erosion and other disorders. During the examination, the mucosa is not injured, as the duodenoscope has a small diameter. To reduce pain and gag reflex, the doctor will treat the larynx with an anesthetic.
Electrogastroenterography can also be referred to diagnostic methods. This method of examination can be compared with a cardiogram. Electrodes are attached to the patient's body, which catch and bring to the monitor screen impulses transmitted by the gastrointestinal organs. In this way, the stability of peristalsis can be checked.
Treatment and Diet
Without a diet can not do!
The first thing to do is to eliminate the cause of the bulbit. If it is gastritis, then it is treated, if the worms, then remove the parasites. And only then you can begin to restore the work of the bulb and the entire duodenum. If you are infected, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics. Also often prescribed antacids, which reduce acidity, which contributes to the restoration of the intestinal mucosa. If pain is also recommended to take painkillers. All methods of treatment must be prescribed by a doctor. Self-medication is dangerous and can harm your health.
Folk methods can be added to the main course of treatment. Before using them, consult with your doctor. You can drink decoctions of chamomile, cloves or hypericum. They will help relieve inflammation. When intestinal parasites is useful decoction of tansy. Often advised to take gruel of plantain and honey. Do not overdo it with herbs. This medicine, but not tea, observance of a dosage is obligatory. If you notice signs of an allergic reaction, stop treatment immediately and take antihistamines. Remember that not every bulbit can be treated with folk remedies. If there is a suspicion of ulcers (erosive form), the use of herbs is strictly prohibited, as these drugs can provoke a breakthrough of sores.
During treatment, it is necessary to alleviate the load on the digestive tract organs with the help of a special diet. It is necessary to completely eliminate alcohol, cigarettes, carbonated drinks, fried and smoked food, fatty meat, salinity. Drinking coffee and strong black tea is also not recommended.
Eating should be in small portions, but often, every 3-4 hours. If you carry oil and do not have serious problems with the pancreas, you can take a teaspoon of olive oil before meals. This will facilitate the work of the intestines and relieve you from constipation. The first week of the diet should be especially strict. Everything just boiled, lean, grated. You can eat vegetable soups, drink jelly, steamed meat. Bread and sugar is preferably not consumed. A week later, you can add to the diet a little butter, dried bread, low-fat dairy products. It is important not only to eat right, but not to expose the body to stress, it is enough to sleep and rest. Only in this case, the treatment will be effective.
There are many varieties of bulbit
Bulbit can occur in different ways and have a different shape. In this regard, there are several types of disease:
- Erosive. The erosive form of bulbit is dangerous in that it can easily turn into an ulcer. On the mucous membrane of the duodenum a slight erosion is formed, which can grow and bleed. At the same time, the patient has abdominal pain with a long absence of food and heartburn after eating. Pain may be accompanied by dizziness, weakness, chills. Alcoholic drinks, mechanical damage to the gastrointestinal tract, infections, severe poisoning can lead to erosive bulbit.
- Surface.With superficial bulby, the upper part of the mucous membrane is inflamed. It can be called the initial stage of the disease. Severe pain and vomiting are usually absent, but heartburn, heaviness and slight pain may be present. Most often, this form of bulbit occurs with improper diet, smoking, alcohol abuse. If left untreated, the disease will progress.
- Catarrhal In fact, this disease does not exist in nature. Catarral Bulbit called the next stage after the surface. Observed digestive disorders, increased acidity. The patient may have pain after eating, heartburn, general weakness, belching with a bitter taste.
- Focal. A focal bulbit resembles an erosive one, but at the same time there is accumulation of several ulcers in the intestine. The pain almost always occurs in the stomach, nausea, vomiting. The causes of occurrence are still alcohol, smoking, unhealthy diets, infections.
- Atrophic. Atrophic bulbit is accompanied by thinning of the duodenal sheath. This causes abdominal pain, sour belching, frequent heartburn, constipation alternating with diarrhea. Vitamins and other beneficial substances are poorly absorbed in the intestine, so the condition of the body worsens, the weight quickly decreases.
- Chronic. Symptoms of chronic bulbit are the same as in other forms. But in this case the immunity is still reduced, there are headaches, muscular weakness. Lesions of the intestinal lining may be microscopic. Initially, severe pain is not observed. The presence of ulcers is excluded.
All types of diseases are treatable, and if you start it on time, you can avoid serious complications. Chronic disease is most often caused by neglect of the doctor’s recommendations.
With the anatomy of the stomach and duodenum will introduce video:
Many people suffer from various diseases. A large proportion of diseases are diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Bulbits stomach what is it? Bulbitol is a chronic disease of the stomach. This disease is accompanied by inflammatory processes in the stomach, and more precisely in the department of the bulb adjacent to the stomach or, as it is called in medicine, the duodenum.
This disease causes a rather strong pain in the stomach as with a more familiar to all the disease gastritis. These pains occur with seizures and can be triggered by overeating, alcohol or harmful components of the ingested food. Gullet of the stomach is accompanied by serious problems with digestion.
Types of Bulbits
Gastric bulge in the general case is always inflammation of the duodenal bulb, the question arises - why then is the disease called bulbit of the stomach. The fact is that the bulb closely adjoins to the stomach and for simplification such name is accepted. At the same time, there are several types or types of bulbit, depending on the form of flow and the characteristic features of inflammation.
There are three main types of bullbit:
Catarral bullbit of the stomach is an acute illness. A characteristic feature of the flow of such bulbit are sharp pains in the stomach. May be accompanied by severe headache. Such a bulbit is quite difficult to cure. To achieve a positive result in the treatment of the patient must adhere to all the recommendations of the doctor.
Superficial bulbit is the mildest form of the disease, as it affects only the outer areas of the duodenal mucosa. It can proceed hidden, the patient can not suspect for a long time about the existence of the disease. However, if time does not go to the doctor for advice and treatment, the superficial bulbit can easily acquire an erosive form, that is, it can go deep inside the tissues.
Erosive bulbit is a disease already with severe symptoms. This form of bulbit is accompanied by frequent nausea and urge to vomit. Such symptoms usually appear after eating. In the advanced stage, such a duodenal bulbit develops into an ulcer, that is, through-lesion of the bulb.
Follicular bulbit is a rather rare variety. With its development, this type of bulbit causes severe dysfunction of the digestive system and causes serious inconvenience to the patient.
A moderate bulbit may be latent by analogy with the surface form, it may be accompanied by headache, nausea and vomiting. Such symptoms are particularly pronounced in cases of acute illness.
Focal bulbit affects small areas of the duodenal bulb - foci - hence its name. With this bulbit along with the main treatment prescribed strict diets. A focal bulbit is very dangerous, and its symptoms are quite eloquent; you should not put off seeking medical help.
Bulb atrophic nature causes dysfunction of the duodenum. Such disorders cause severe vomiting. A characteristic feature is the loss of body weight.
Bulbit is also distinguished by the degrees of activity — there are two of them — the most frequently encountered is the 1-degree degree of bullit.
The chronic stages of the bulbits cause serious disturbances in the body’s functions. Patients suffering from chronic forms should be under the constant scrutiny of physicians.
Symptoms of the disease
A disease like bulbit of the stomach is very difficult to diagnose, especially in the early stages. Diagnosis can only be made using special equipment. The fact is that the signs of the disease are not clearly expressed and are not characteristic only for this disease.
Only inconspicuous signs can appear during the illness, mostly nausea. In the meantime, the inflammation of the bulb - the duodenal ulcer is called so - may already be in full swing.
The causes of bulbit may be drugs that cause irritation of the mucous membrane, food containing any caustic substances, for example, acid. As a result, the symptoms of bulbit become weakness and weakness, lack of appetite, severe pain in the head, pain in the abdominal region can become unbearable and have the nature of cutting. After eating nausea appears. In the mouth appears bitter taste, associated with increased secretion of bile.
When diagnosing bulbit, an important point is the initial examination of the patient, such an examination allows you to identify ways and methods for further diagnosis. However, the main tool for making a correct and comprehensive diagnosis is laboratory tests.
The reason for the examination and diagnostic studies are complaints of the patient. In this case, the patient usually complains of painful attacks of the right abdomen. The visual sign may be yellow bloom in the patient's tongue. Pain can also occur near the navel. Such pains with bulbit have the character of periodic spasms. The reason for the aggravation is food intake.
Patients with bulbit develop an unpleasant smell in the mouth. Belching from the mouth, sweating, headache and indisposition are constant companions of patients. This is due to the fact that an increased amount of toxins is produced in the stomach during the course of the bulbit.
Principles of treatment
Symptoms and treatment are closely related. Treatment, as already mentioned, is based on the identified cause of bulbit. The cause must be reliably determined at the diagnostic stage. What is a bulbit has already been considered, but the bulbit is still considered as a special case of duodenitis.
Consider the general approaches to the treatment of bulbit of the stomach, used in medical practice. Treatment is always carried out comprehensively, that is, along with the use of drugs, the patient must adhere to certain rules, such as diet. Often the treatment is complemented by the use of folk remedies, which helps to consolidate the results achieved and to avoid relapses. Often, a bullbit of the stomach is considered that this is the formation of an additional loop, where the food mass gets stuck and favorable conditions for the reproduction of bacteria are created.
Nutrition of the patient must be strictly defined and made small meals throughout the day. Reducing the amount of food for 1 reception, increase the number of these techniques. The minimum number of meals during the day should be 4 intakes.
Food taken must always be heated, but not hot. In the food are boiled or stewed dishes. Before serving the patient food is crushed. Irritating ingredients such as pepper, pickles, fat, vinegar, and coffee are excluded from the food. It is not recommended to use onions and garlic in the raw. Smoking and alcohol at the time of treatment are completely excluded. Whether to comply with this rule, of course, remains at the discretion of the patient. If possible, it is necessary to remove those factors that may adversely affect the patient's condition.
If we consider the bulbit of the stomach that it is a breeding ground for bacteria, then in order to prevent infection from over-infectioning, it is necessary to clean up the patient’s mouth, removing and healing all caries and inflammatory processes.
The use of drugs is prescribed strictly individually, taking into account the characteristics of each patient and the results of diagnostic studies. This applies the treatment of the type of symptom-medicine. To alleviate the condition of patients, in almost all cases, means are used to reduce the production of hydrochloric acid. Such agents are called antacids. Used drugs that promote cell regeneration, the so-called reparants.
In some special cases, the patient is treated with a short fast. This fasting is effectively combined with procedures for cleansing the stomach. These procedures relieve the body of excessive slagging and toxins.
The use of diet in combination with medicines gives good results. With acute pain the patient is given antispasmodic drugs. It is very useful to drink bulby mineral water without gas.
So, such an unpleasant disease as a bulbit, the treatment of which is given with great difficulty, can be diagnosed only in the hospital. Experienced experts will determine the methods of getting rid of bulbit - the main thing is not to delay treatment.
When people go to a doctor with severe abdominal pain, as a rule, they prescribe a test and write the detected pathology in conclusion. In some cases, a chronic erosive process is found in the duodenum called the bulbit of the stomach - what it is and how to treat it will be described below.
What is bulbit stomach
Pathology is characterized by inflammation of the duodenal bulb, for the same reason, the disease is also called bulboduodenitis. The inflamed area is only adjacent to the stomach, therefore the presence of the name of this organ in the diagnosis is incorrect. Knowing what a bullbit is and how to treat it, it should be understood that it is more about the duodenum. Pathology of the stomach is called only because in most cases this disease is accompanied by gastritis.
Both diseases have a common and similar pathogenesis, often occur due to each other, complicate the course of inflammatory processes. Bulboduodenitis and gastritis have similar symptoms, so often the inflammation of the bulb in the duodenum is hidden, masquerading as an attack of gastritis. These two diseases greatly reduce the level of comfort of a person’s life and need treatment.
This type of pathology is characterized by superficial inflammation of the bulb, swelling of the intestinal wall, desquamation of the epithelium. Catarral Bulbitt can be purulent, slimy, serous, this factor determines the nature of the effusion. Sometimes there is a gradual change of exudate during the development of bulbit stomach. Most often the catarrhal form is found in the acute form and without pus. Doctors say that such a bulbit of the stomach proceeds quickly, is easily treatable and passes without residual effects.
Often the disease is masked under the symptoms of gastritis, is asymptomatic for a person. For this reason, it is difficult to put forward a version on bulb inflammation in time. The most characteristic manifestations of bulboduodenitis can be considered hungry pain two hours after eating at night. The symptomatology of gastritis and bulbit in the early stages is very similar, so diagnosis is difficult. Stomach bulge - what it is and its symptoms:
- Radiating abdominal pains in the abdomen,
- morning bad breath
- cramps in the left side,
- vomiting, nausea, dyspepsia.
All these symptoms should be a cause for concern, passing the examination to identify pathology. If induced hyperacid gastritis develops with gastroesophageal reflux, heartburn is added to the above signs, pulling feeling around the sternum, belching with acidic contents. Signs subside after taking antacid medications, the patient's condition returns to normal. These symptoms manifest in many, but this does not mean that in 100% of cases a person develops bulboduodenitis.
Bulbits of the stomach are usually detected by chance during a routine examination, because the symptoms are masked as gastritis. A blood test does not show anything until the pathology is achieved with a severe ulcerative form, ESR is slightly elevated. X-ray also does not give a complete informative picture. The ability to diagnose the disease appeared only after the invention of endoscopic equipment.
Research using the endoscope has become the gold standard for the detection of gastrointestinal diseases. It is recommended to carry it out together with esophagogastroscopy, which helps to get the most complete picture of the state of the mucous membrane of the stomach, duodenum, esophagus. These diagnostic methods will show:
- inflamed areas
Flexible fibroscope opens up the opportunity not only to diagnose pathology, but also to begin therapy for the damaged area. To assess the possible developmental factors of gastritis, bulbit, and the general acid-base status of the gastrointestinal tract, daily pH-metry is performed. If for some reason endoscopy cannot be performed, it can be replaced with antroduodenal manometry and electrogastroenterography.
Treatment of bulbit stomach
Pathology is easier to cure if it is detected at an early stage. There are several ways to treat bulbit. The maximum effect is achieved by a complex approach to therapy, the following methods are used:
- folk recipes
- diet therapy.
It is possible to start treatment with drugs only after consulting with a gastroenterologist. The selection of medicines is carried out on the basis of the cause of bulbit, morphological forms of pathology. The following types of drugs may be prescribed for therapy:
- Antacids. This group has proven its effectiveness when it comes to reducing acidity. As a rule, Gastal, Renny, Almagel, Maalox are prescribed, which reduce the irritant effect that affects the gastric mucosa. Antisecretory agents such as Omeprazole and Ranitidine may also be prescribed.
- Painkillers In the case of the acute form of bulbit, the doctor may prescribe No-shpu, Papaverin, Baralgin to reduce the pain syndrome.
- In case of a worm infestation, anthelmintic (anthelmintic) drugs will be prescribed: Suramin, Levamisole.
- When infected with bacteria, weakening the hydrochloric acid barrier prescribed antibacterial agents. Appointment is based on microbiological, laboratory research.
- Light sedatives help with the stress factor of bulbit stomach.
Prescriptions for home medicine have achieved high efficacy in the treatment of gastrointestinal pathologies. Folk remedies are created only of their natural components, so it is well combined with traditional medicines without the risk of causing unforeseen side effects. For example, milk has an enveloping effect, reduces inflammation and irritation of the gastric mucosa. The anti-inflammatory effect in the treatment of bulbit have fitozbory of:
- calendula flowers,
- Iceland moss.
A positive effect in the treatment of pathology has a freshly prepared carrot juice, which you need to drink 30 minutes before a meal. Decoction and plantain helps to cope with the inflammatory process. All these drugs with bulbit have a real medicinal effect, they are safe for humans, but you should consult with your doctor so that the mutual influence of medications does not annul the effectiveness of the treatment. It is not recommended to independently select a course of therapy.
Diet with bulby duodenum
One of the main directions in the treatment of pathology is the normalization of nutrition, the use of only a certain type of food. It is very important a complete rejection of alcohol and smoking, which have a strong irritant effect on the gastric mucosa and gastrointestinal tract. Their influence can greatly aggravate the duodenal bulbit, causing a change from mild to severe.
In case of acute attacks of pathology, it is recommended to completely give up eating for a while in order to reduce inflammation, swelling, pain, then it is allowed to use porridge on water or skimmed milk. Diet with bulbit duodenum in the non-acute stage allows the following products for use:
- use of dairy products: yogurt, kefir, ryazhenka, milk, low-fat cottage cheese, cheese,
- white bread crackers
- vegetable broths,
When the pathology of the stomach from the diet should be removed forever carbonated drinks, very spicy foods, fried foods and smoked meats. Proper nutrition during bulbity should be observed throughout the life of patients who have a predisposition to the development of gastrointestinal diseases. The patient's body can be fully restored, which will allow you to return to the usual diet. A sample menu for the day during the therapy of bulbit stomach looks like this:
- First breakfast - steamed omelet with carrots.
- Snack - apple puree, rosehip decoction.
- Lunch - soup with meatballs or boiled rice, jelly.
- Tea time - crackers, a glass of milk.
- Dinner - buckwheat porridge, fish souffle, carrot salad.
- Snack - tea (weak), pudding of rusks with pear puree.
- Before bed - tea.
One of the diseases of the gastrointestinal tract - Bulbit. It is a disease of the duodenum and is closely related to the stomach.
What is this disease? What are its forms and types? Is it possible to treat with medicines and folk remedies? What is the prevention of bulbit? Answers to all listed questions here.
Concept of bullit
Stomach bulge - what is it? This is a type of duodenitis. Directly, the disease 12 duodenal ulcer. More precisely, it is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of its bulbar section.
Often the disease is accompanied by gastritis. These diseases have a similar form. Therefore, the name of the disease is used to name the disease.
Prognosis and prevention
The prognosis for the treatment of focal bulbit is favorable, since with the correctly prescribed therapy it is possible to achieve complete recovery and elimination of the acute form of the disease. Prevention of inflammation is based on compliance with the recommendations below:
- Proper balanced diet with the exception of harmful products from the general diet with the content of artificial additives and substitutes,
- Timely visit to the gastroenterologist and the presence of possible pathologies,
- Maintain an active lifestyle with moderate exercise
- Rejection of bad habits.
Compliance with such simple rules is a guarantee of health and prevents the development of the disease, which can develop into a chronic form and lead to irreversible consequences.
Reviews about the treatment of focal bulbit have different responses, since the recovery process depends on the severity of the lesion of the duodenal mucosa. In most cases, it is possible to achieve long-term remission without exacerbations.
It all started with the fact that there were discomfort in the intestine. After a full examination, the diagnosis of a focal bulbit in a progressive form was established and treatment was prescribed with the obligatory observance of a therapeutic diet.
Regarding the treatment, I want to say that if we adjust the nutrition in time and do not use illegal foods, then the negative symptoms quickly disappear, and the general condition improves significantly. In general, at the moment I continue the treatment, but in the future I will review my own rhythm of life.
I have been working in the field of gastroenterology for a long time and during this period I came across various manifestations of digestive upset. A focal bulbit is a type of duodenitis and, if improperly treated, has serious complications. Therefore, in the event of suspicious symptoms, it is best to consult a doctor and determine the exact cause of the discomfort.
In order to prevent the development of such diseases, you must carefully monitor your own nutrition and eliminate possible factors affecting the progression of inflammation. It is best to try to keep an active lifestyle and eliminate bad habits to the maximum. Treatment of the disease is to prevent its development.
Treatment of folk remedies
Such tools perfectly complement the drug treatment. They are often very effective in combating this pathology. You can use herbs such as calendula, yarrow, chamomile. They are distinguished by their antimicrobial action, they are good in fighting inflammation. Do not forget that the effect can be achieved only in combination of folk methods with therapy prescribed by a doctor.
- Carrot juice - well helps in treating the stomach. Carrot is taken and rubbed on a small grater, then squeezed. Juice should be taken по cup forty minutes before meals three times a day.
- Two Art. l dried Hypericum fill a glass of boiling water, infused for about an hour. Drink the infusion should immediately before eating a quarter cup 4 times a day.
- Not bad psyllium juice, sold in pharmacies. 45 milliliters of juice mixed with tsp. honey and immediately need to drink everything. The course of treatment is a week, three times a day.
Other useful tools:
- decoction of oak bark,
- alcohol tincture of propolis,
- decoction of licorice, chamomile, plantain.
Diet shown in case of illness
Treatment should be accompanied by a sparing diet (table number 1):
- fruit jelly,
- dairy products,
- chicken bouillon,
- cooked meat.
Eating should be fractional - at least four times a day. It is recommended to eat only powdered warm food. Dishes are stewed, baked or boiled. In the daily diet must be present porridge and soups. The patient should completely abandon alcohol and tobacco.
When the pathology is exacerbated - doctors recommend starving for several days. Then the stomach should be washed with a solution of potassium permanganate. A good effect is the use of mineral water. Beforehand, it is necessary to release gas from it.
In the first week of the diet include cereals, soups, dairy products and egg omelet. One day you can add fish low-fat varieties. The amount of bread should be minimized. In the second week you can eat sour cream, cottage cheese and butter. Vegetables and fruits in their raw form are not recommended. They need to either extinguish or bake. But you can make them juice. Such a diet is shown to comply with up to six months.
Proper nutrition is the key to health and quality of life. If you have anxiety about this, do not pull the treatment to the doctor. He will determine if you have a disease and help get rid of it at the initial stage by prescribing a suitable individual treatment. A regular check-ups should be held every six months. They will help identify the pathology at an early stage and get rid of it quickly.